1981 Whitesox uniform contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

primitive pictures.jpg

These were sent in by some fans who were making fun of the contest.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

koosman retro.jpg

Sorry commish, There's not alot of pictures and koosman happens to be in another one. I think this was another prototype.
      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

newspaper article.jpg

Another article about the contest. Kinda cool how they talk about Harry Carey staying.
        Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 01-06-2013, 09:52 PM.

Comment

certificate.jpg

Awarded to the 1600 artists.

Comment

handshake picture.jpg

The winner at the handshake ceremony. The mascot was fired eventually from fan abuse.
            Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 01-06-2013, 09:44 PM.

Comment

article about winner.jpg

Article about the winner. The columist actually thought the Sox were making strides into the 20th century.
              Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 01-06-2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

pictures of whitesox uniform.jpg

The winner in a recent picture.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X