Would Frank Thomas be nuts, or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Frank Thomas be nuts, or what?

Am I crazy, or would a one year deal with Frank Thomas not be a bad thing? I'm not sure the extent of his injuries, but if we could low-ball him a one year offer, and see if he bites. He'd solve a lot of problems from the right side of the plate. Is this nuts? Has anyone else thought of this?
    I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

It sounds crazy enough to work...but we'd have to be ready for the Big Hurt to pull a Juan Gone and use Broussard again the entire season. If he'll sign for cheap, that actually doesn't sound all that crazy. Don't think it'll happen, but...
    CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

yeah but what would do with him? he is falling apart... cant play the field anymore... if we signed him it would only hurt hafner's playing time...
      HEY! Cleveland! two words JOHN ELWAY! put that in your pipe and smoke it Browns fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Last of the Indian fans
        yeah but what would do with him? he is falling apart... cant play the field anymore... if we signed him it would only hurt hafner's playing time...
        I actually wondered about this very thing. I have to agree with you and Boof, it probably won't happen. It would, however, be a little interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer
          I actually wondered about this very thing. I have to agree with you and Boof, it probably won't happen. It would, however, be a little interesting.

to say the very least... but two words TRAVIS HAFNER
          HEY! Cleveland! two words JOHN ELWAY! put that in your pipe and smoke it Browns fan!

Comment

I'd be happier seeing Nomar patrol third base. Not a LOT happier though.

Comment

NomAAAAAAAAR sucks, juice fenway and injuries

Comment

NomAAAAAAAAR sucks, juice fenway and injuries
                and mia.

Comment

and mia.
                  more of a man than he is

Comment

more of a man than he is
                    That may actually be true. I see where Eduardo Perez may be coming to town. I'd rather have big Frank than that slug.

Comment

That may actually be true. I see where Eduardo Perez may be coming to town. I'd rather have big Frank than that slug.
                      well to be honest with you i dont think that perez had a bad year last year fielding or hitting.

Comment

If Frank's healthy, he will hit 35-40 home runs this year. Now, he's not going to give you a very high batting average, but his OBP will be high as usual. Frank also has something to prove-and if he plays in the central, he will face the Sox 19 times in the year.

As a Sox fan, I'd be scared to see him in that lineup.
                        Baseball is not a popularity contest. It's about one thing.

Winning.

Comment

Originally posted by South Side Hitmen
                          If Frank's healthy, he will hit 35-40 home runs this year. Now, he's not going to give you a very high batting average, but his OBP will be high as usual. Frank also has something to prove-and if he plays in the central, he will face the Sox 19 times in the year.

As a Sox fan, I'd be scared to see him in that lineup.
                          This is fairly close to how I feel about the situation. I am, however, scared to death of Big Frank's health. I'd hate to have another Juan Gone episode.

Comment

If a team was totally lacking for a DH, the Big Hurt would be worth the risk. But if you sign him you might want to try for one of those deals where the money is contingent on playing time.
                            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I would only sign him at a bargain price. I certainly wouldn't go opening the vault for him.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X