Would Frank Thomas be nuts, or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sschirmer
    I would only sign him at a bargain price. I certainly wouldn't go opening the vault for him.
    Of course not. But thankfully this seems to be moot, as Perez shall soon be signed.
    CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Last of the Indian fans
      to say the very least... but two words TRAVIS HAFNER
      This may be a dumb question but why doesn't Hafner play first base? Is his defense that bad?
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by South Side Hitmen
        If Frank's healthy, he will hit 35-40 home runs this year. Now, he's not going to give you a very high batting average, but his OBP will be high as usual. Frank also has something to prove-and if he plays in the central, he will face the Sox 19 times in the year.

As a Sox fan, I'd be scared to see him in that lineup.
        What sad day it has become when this has become true. I can remember when the Big Hurt could hit .340 with his eyes closed?
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
          This may be a dumb question but why doesn't Hafner play first base? Is his defense that bad?
          Elbow problems.
          I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Elbow problems.
            So he can't throw? I know he had some elbow problems in the past but I didn't know it was an ongoing problem.

Comment

I heard that Hafner is expected to play atleast 30 games this year at 1B.

Comment

Originally posted by TOPPS
                I heard that Hafner is expected to play atleast 30 games this year at 1B.
                I've heard the same, we'll see what happens. We still need a RH bat with pop.

Comment

The answer to that is Todd Hollandsworth.

Comment

Please tell me that you're kidding.

Comment

Please tell me that you're kidding.
                      Fear not. Didn't you see the eye-rolling smiley in my last post?

Comment

Hell, I was hoping that you were kidding about the whole thing, but I see he's been signed.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X