Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm okay with the Crisp trade now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm okay with the Crisp trade now.

Wow, this really got me thinking. I don't agree with all of it, but it is very strong.
    http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NAS...ives&fext=.jsp
    I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Originally posted by sschirmer
    Wow, this really got me thinking. I don't agree with all of it, but it is very strong.
    http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NAS...ives&fext=.jsp
    See what a box of tissues and a good movie can do?
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I think that article convinced me. I didn't realize Shoppach performed so well last year. Sounds like he's ready for the show.

Comment

I think I'm going to the Tribe website to order my World Series Tickets.

Comment

i agree with the deal

basically given the fact that crisp could be a decent cf and the Indians did not need one made his value good, expendable to the tribe. I love the key points about his onbase and his weak arm. The complete truth is you need a better hitter out of left field than crisp maybe Michaels is not the guy, but in some ways a better fit.

Comment

Can't say I disagree with you. Plus we got prospects and (think Dr. Evil) ONe Million Dollars!!!!!

Comment

Coco trade better for Tribe.:gt
              Such a pity!

Comment

The other thing is, Coco only signed for one season with Boston. We got all those years out of those guys, and Coco could be gone from Boston after six months of play
                Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

If Coco plays well, I doubt that he will only last one season with the Red Sox.
                  ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
                  ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                    The other thing is, Coco only signed for one season with Boston. We got all those years out of those guys, and Coco could be gone from Boston after six months of play
                    No, he's in their control until 2009.
                    CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

Originally posted by BoofBonser26
                      No, he's in their control until 2009.
                      Then why a one-year contract? :noidea
                      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

Arbitration. Most players are dealt with on a year by year basis through their arbitration years. It's easier for a team to pay a player accordingly based on performance during his club control years instead of handing him a multi-year deal. For what it's worth (nothing really), I think this trade is great for the Indians and makes them much better if Marte is the player he projects to be. If Michaels can produce full time like he has while platooning, they should be no worse off than last year and maybe better. Michaels should certainly score more runs than Crisp. Does anyone know where he's likely to hit in the order?
                        Maybe #2?
                        beware of the censorship police

Comment

You got it. The number two spot is what I hear. Makes sense to me:

Sizemore
                          Michaels
                          Peralta
                          Pronk
                          Victor
                          Perez
                          Belliard
                          Boone
                          Blake

Comment

Who the hell is Pronk? Ben Broussard?

Comment

Originally posted by Srschirm
                              Who the hell is Pronk?
                              Um, Travis Hafner

< Ben Broussard? >

Exactly how long have you been an Indians fan? h
                              Last edited by RuthMayBond; 02-15-2006, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X