No announcement yet.

How much do you know about the Indians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you know about the Indians?

Cleveland has a very good looking team, but are they as good as they look or is theier more to it?

I'm looking for avery intelligent Indian fan, preferably a die-hard Indians fan who knows the ins and outs about the Indians.

Let me know if you can provide me with some insight into your team. Give me an email address and I will contact you and we can exchange information. Thanks
    "You can put it on the board.....YES!!"

You appear to have PMs blocked.
    CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

PMs

Originally posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
      You appear to have PMs blocked.
      Are you interested or not? I'm not wanting "smack talk" just baseball talk, interested?

Comment

hello

Good starting pitching
        Good/great middle guys
        Solid lineup
        Need OF corner power.......bad

Cav
        You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the $%#%! plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by cavalier1968 View Post
          Good starting pitching
          Good/great middle guys
          Solid lineup
          Need OF corner power.......bad

Cav
          Thanks for replying Cav. I'm a Wsox fan and always like to get viewpoints from the other side, especially the competition.

I'm not too excited about our prospects this season even though we are better than last year showed and we have added improvements.

I worry most about our starting pitching especially the two youngsters at the end of the rotation, Danks and Floyd. I can see having one in there but not two at the same time. I don't see those kids in your rotation or the Tigers for that matter.

Our bullpen will be improved and Bobby Jenks is strong with 81 saves in the past two seasons. Mike MacDougal appears to be the ? as he possesses excellent stuff but just can't keep his head screwed on every time out.

We play the Tigers tough beating them 11 times last season in a terrible year but you're Indians play us tough. I like the offense and agree with the corners and the lack of power there but Grady Sizemore is a great CF lead off man. I take him hands down over Curtis Granderson and the departed Torii Hunter.

What is going to happen with Johnny Peralta, will he remain at shortstop? What about third base? Andy Marte? How do you feel about the 3B position?

I think Ryan Garko, Victor Martinez and Travis Hafner will have good seasons in 2008. I feel Hafner did what Paul Konerko, Jermaine Dye and Jim Thome did last season. They will all have good seasons this year.

Thanks for replying. Good luck this season I do think you guys will beat out Detroit this year because of your strength in the bulpen and their weakness in theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoMick View Post
            Thanks for replying Cav. I'm a Wsox fan and always like to get viewpoints from the other side, especially the competition.

I'm not too excited about our prospects this season even though we are better than last year showed and we have added improvements.

I worry most about our starting pitching especially the two youngsters at the end of the rotation, Danks and Floyd. I can see having one in there but not two at the same time. I don't see those kids in your rotation or the Tigers for that matter.

Our bullpen will be improved and Bobby Jenks is strong with 81 saves in the past two seasons. Mike MacDougal appears to be the ? as he possesses excellent stuff but just can't keep his head screwed on every time out.

We play the Tigers tough beating them 11 times last season in a terrible year but you're Indians play us tough. I like the offense and agree with the corners and the lack of power there but Grady Sizemore is a great CF lead off man. I take him hands down over Curtis Granderson and the departed Torii Hunter.

What is going to happen with Johnny Peralta, will he remain at shortstop? What about third base? Andy Marte? How do you feel about the 3B position?

I think Ryan Garko, Victor Martinez and Travis Hafner will have good seasons in 2008. I feel Hafner did what Paul Konerko, Jermaine Dye and Jim Thome did last season. They will all have good seasons this year.

Thanks for replying. Good luck this season I do think you guys will beat out Detroit this year because of your strength in the bulpen and their weakness in theirs.

I guess the Indians are Ok with Blake. Marte has been a disappointment and the Indians are about done with him........he might make the team in a backup role........

Peralta would prolly be better suited at Third. For a SS he has good power and actually better than average range (according to range factor).......but he seems to be a good starting point for disheartened fans to point to. :grouchy
            You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the $%#%! plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

Comment

I am not so sure Johnny P's arm is strong enough for 3rd.

Plus I do not think he has what it takes to play 20 feet closer to home plate.
              Craig

http://lesleinlawn.com

Comment

Originally posted by DynaMow View Post
                I am not so sure Johnny P's arm is strong enough for 3rd.

Plus I do not think he has what it takes to play 20 feet closer to home plate.

Your SS should have the strongest arms because they have to make a lot of throws from the hole. You can actually get away with an arm that is not as strong at third base because the throws are from a shorter distance from 3b.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X