Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance

I am originally from Cleveland. What gives with the attendance? A decade ago Cleveland was setting attendance records. Some of the crowds are pathetic lately and the Tribe has been playing better.

i was going to ask the same thing...what the hell has happened in Tribe town ?..between 95 & 01 they sold out every game...now it looks awfull..i watched the highlights of last nights game and i couldnt believe the # of empty seats AND they had there ace on the mound...the Tribe were 1 game away from the WS last year and they`re drawing like they`re the Marlins/Rays
    BALLGAME OVER, YANKEES WIN...THEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN
    “You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.”

Comment

The novelty of Jacobs Field has worn off.

Comment

The bandwagon pulled out of town in 2002, and hasn't been seen since.

Comment

hi

1. economy
          2. city is tired of losing team
          3. many people have moved south

Cav
          You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the $%#%! plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by cavalier1968 View Post
            That argument doesn't hold up.

2005: Indians win 93 games and finished 12th in the AL in attendance.

2007: Indians win 96, win the Central, and place 9th in attendance.

This year, despite the hitting woes, the Indians are in 1st place and rank 10th in attendance.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the Caviliers are the 'chic' team in Cleveland right now, much like the Tribe was a decade ago.

Comment

1. economy
              3. many people have moved south

Cav
              1. eoconomy ?...isnt the economy the same in every city..feeble excuse
              2.tired of losing team ?...losing team ?...they won 90+ in 05, won 90+ last year AND were 1 game away from the WS AND they`re top of the central..feeble excuse
              3.many people have moved south ?...so theres a mass exodus of Cleveland ?..Florida folk must be over the moon ...feeble excuse

next ?

Comment

Chicago supports two baseball teams better than Cleveland supports the Indians lately even with competition from the Bulls and Bears. Cleveland has a good team. If this were the Indians of the seventies, then I would understand.

Comment

lets look at Detroit...Wings in the Stanley Cup, Pistons in the NBA p/offs and the Tigers who are bottom of the central AND 9 games under are pulling in 30,000 + at every home game...maybe D-towners are`nt all emigrating to FL

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeFanUK View Post
                    1. eoconomy ?...isnt the economy the same in every city..feeble excuse
                    2.tired of losing team ?...losing team ?...they won 90+ in 05, won 90+ last year AND were 1 game away from the WS AND they`re top of the central..feeble excuse
                    3.many people have moved south ?...so theres a mass exodus of Cleveland ?..Florida folk must be over the moon ...feeble excuse

next ?
                    1.....Economy....economy is worst in Cleveland than average (foreclosures top 10)
                    2.....Tired of losing team......hasent won since 46'
                    3.....check the population map.......if you can read one.
                    next

CAv
                    You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the $%#%! plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

Comment

1.....Economy....economy is worst in Cleveland than average (foreclosures top 10)
                      2.....Tired of losing team......hasent won since 46'
                      3.....check the population map.......if you can read one.
                      next

CAv
                      i thought it was 48...and if thats your excuse then why did the Tribe sell out every game from 95 - 01 ?..lame excuse

next

Comment

i thought it was 48...and if thats your excuse then why did the Tribe sell out every game from 95 - 01 ?..lame excuse

next
                        yes, and you cannot spell ..........check the economy from 95-01

next

Cav (I live here not in dental challenged UK)

Comment

Cubs have`nt won since 08 YET sell out many a game
                          Padres have NEVER won yet sell out some games

your 46 ( im certain its 48 ) is a feeble excuse

Comment

yes, and you cannot spell ..........check the economy from 95-01

next

Cav (I live here not in dental challenged UK)

haha..getting personnal wont win your argument kid..try again

Comment

Cubs have`nt won since 08 YET sell out many a game
                              Padres have NEVER won yet sell out some games

your 46 ( im certain its 48 ) is a feeble excuse
                              Ok, I win point one.......

Point 1....Ohio lost 188,200 jobs from January of 2001 to March of 2008. [Bureau of Labor Statistics, accessed 4/18/08]
                              239,800 Manufacturing Jobs Lost in Ohio . Ohio lost 239,800 manufacturing jobs from 2001 to 2008. [Bureau of Labor Statistics, accessed 4/21/08]

Point 2........Chicago has more people.......please argue this point.....I need some humor..

CAv

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X