Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheTribe48
    replied
    It also amazed me at the beginning of the season how we weren't drawing crowds, the only thing I was able to deduce that it was the cold weather. However, now it's obvious - a lousy ballclub. You can't expect fans to come out and see something like this, when they play well consistently, the seats are full, otherwise, nada.

Leave a comment:

• sschirmer
    replied
    The '90s were the perfect storm for the Tribe. The economy was great, the Cavs were lackluster at best, the original Browns left, and the new Browns did not yet exist, the Jake was a new, state of the art ballpark, and they had big name players. Now the Cavs are a viable threat in the east, the new Browns look pretty damn good, the economy sucks, and the ballpark is in it's 15th season. You had to know they couldn't continue to sell out every game, not with the Browns and Cavs competing for people's entertainment dollar.

Leave a comment:

• cavalier1968
    replied

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    I just think Clevenders should support the Indians better. The team is good and also has been around for well over one hundred years which is enough time to build a fan base.
    Id say 40,000 fans for a trash team is pretty good.

Cav

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    I just think Clevenders should support the Indians better. The team is good and also has been around for well over one hundred years which is enough time to build a fan base.

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied
    Chicago has 2 teams..you have one
    Chicago has 5 major sporting teams..you have 3
    Chicago loves Baseball..Cleveland seemingly does`nt ( even after being 1 game away from the WS )..

Leave a comment:

• cavalier1968
    replied
    Originally posted by YankeeFanUK View Post
    Cubs have`nt won since 08 YET sell out many a game
    Padres have NEVER won yet sell out some games

your 46 ( im certain its 48 ) is a feeble excuse
    Ok, I win point one.......

Point 1....Ohio lost 188,200 jobs from January of 2001 to March of 2008. [Bureau of Labor Statistics, accessed 4/18/08]
    239,800 Manufacturing Jobs Lost in Ohio . Ohio lost 239,800 manufacturing jobs from 2001 to 2008. [Bureau of Labor Statistics, accessed 4/21/08]

Point 2........Chicago has more people.......please argue this point.....I need some humor..

CAv

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied
    Originally posted by cavalier1968 View Post
    yes, and you cannot spell ..........check the economy from 95-01

next

Cav (I live here not in dental challenged UK)

haha..getting personnal wont win your argument kid..try again

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied
    Cubs have`nt won since 08 YET sell out many a game
    Padres have NEVER won yet sell out some games

your 46 ( im certain its 48 ) is a feeble excuse

Leave a comment:

• cavalier1968
    replied
    i thought it was 48...and if thats your excuse then why did the Tribe sell out every game from 95 - 01 ?..lame excuse

next
    yes, and you cannot spell ..........check the economy from 95-01

next

Cav (I live here not in dental challenged UK)

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied
    1.....Economy....economy is worst in Cleveland than average (foreclosures top 10)
    2.....Tired of losing team......hasent won since 46'
    3.....check the population map.......if you can read one.
    next

CAv
    i thought it was 48...and if thats your excuse then why did the Tribe sell out every game from 95 - 01 ?..lame excuse

next

Leave a comment:

• cavalier1968
    replied
    1. eoconomy ?...isnt the economy the same in every city..feeble excuse
    2.tired of losing team ?...losing team ?...they won 90+ in 05, won 90+ last year AND were 1 game away from the WS AND they`re top of the central..feeble excuse
    3.many people have moved south ?...so theres a mass exodus of Cleveland ?..Florida folk must be over the moon ...feeble excuse

next ?
    1.....Economy....economy is worst in Cleveland than average (foreclosures top 10)
    2.....Tired of losing team......hasent won since 46'
    3.....check the population map.......if you can read one.
    next

CAv

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied
    lets look at Detroit...Wings in the Stanley Cup, Pistons in the NBA p/offs and the Tigers who are bottom of the central AND 9 games under are pulling in 30,000 + at every home game...maybe D-towners are`nt all emigrating to FL

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    Chicago supports two baseball teams better than Cleveland supports the Indians lately even with competition from the Bulls and Bears. Cleveland has a good team. If this were the Indians of the seventies, then I would understand.

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied
    1. economy
    2. city is tired of losing team
    3. many people have moved south

Cav
    1. eoconomy ?...isnt the economy the same in every city..feeble excuse
    2.tired of losing team ?...losing team ?...they won 90+ in 05, won 90+ last year AND were 1 game away from the WS AND they`re top of the central..feeble excuse
    3.many people have moved south ?...so theres a mass exodus of Cleveland ?..Florida folk must be over the moon ...feeble excuse

next ?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Jeltz
    replied
    2. city is tired of losing team
    That argument doesn't hold up.

2005: Indians win 93 games and finished 12th in the AL in attendance.

2007: Indians win 96, win the Central, and place 9th in attendance.

This year, despite the hitting woes, the Indians are in 1st place and rank 10th in attendance.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the Caviliers are the 'chic' team in Cleveland right now, much like the Tribe was a decade ago.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X