Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The season is........

About over.

Lets be honest. The tribe is in the bottom 2 in batting and total bases. The season is 1/3 over. They have shown little signs of improvement. Everyone on the team, except for 3 players, is batting under .250. Every batter, except Ben. F. is underachieving....every batter. After having an OPS of about 1.000 for three years, Hafner is a mere shadow of his former self.......dropping rapidly. Vic has no power, Size is underperforming, our LF D. deloony might be the worst LF in baseball.

The final stat is just plain silly. In close and late situation, Our mighty Indians are batting .178............yes .178. Or, in other words....lower than many pitchers in the N.L.

In tonights game, they had 22 LOB............What a joke of a team.......:gt

Cav

Cleveland Indians
    Hitters AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
    G Sizemore DH 5 0 0 0 0 0 5 .254
    J Carroll 2B-3B 4 0 1 1 1 1 0 .232
    B Francisco LF-CF 4 0 1 0 1 1 2 .307
    V Martinez C 5 0 1 0 0 0 5 .292
    J Peralta SS 4 1 1 0 1 0 2 .233
    S Choo RF 3 0 0 0 1 1 4 .000
    C Blake 3B-1B 4 0 2 0 0 1 0 .225
    M Aubrey 1B 3 0 0 0 1 0 2 .185
    A Cabrera PR-2B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .186
    F Gutierrez CF 2 1 2 0 1 0 0 .246
    a-D Dellucci PH-LF 1 0 0 1 0 0 2 .227
    Totals 35 2 8 2 6 4 22
    You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the $%#%! plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

This team just never seems to be able to get it together offensively. They'll break through for 12 runs in a game, then fall off the table for the next ten. Even Victor, who started hot, was slumping before he got hurt. There just doesn't seem to be anyone too reliable day in, day out in this lineup.
    I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

As the 1973 Mets once said: "You Gotta Believe!"

Indeed, teams that have been under .500 at this point of the season have made it to (and some even won) the World Series.

This year, my dream WS matchup of Cleveland VS. Cincinnati (as show in the pic that is linked in my sig) will pan out. And the Indians will win it. Just you wait.
      The playoffs should expand eventually, but only if MLB itself expands.

See my blog for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by PF#9 View Post
        This year, my dream WS matchup of Cleveland VS. Cincinnati (as show in the pic that is linked in my sig) will pan out.
        Sure, last place, 12.5 games out
        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
        Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

As the 1973 Mets once said: "You Gotta Believe!"

This year, my dream WS matchup of Cleveland VS. Cincinnati (as show in the pic that is linked in my sig) will pan out.
          Good for you !
          You're a true believer !

Comment

Yes, the Tribe is struggling but they aren't buried. They are only five-and-a-half games out and the teams ahead of them are not imposing. Keep the faith.
            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

THere is hope, no doubt, they just need to start hitting!

Comment

Yeah?

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
                Good for you !
                You're a true believer !
                The tribe will be in last place within the next 3 weeks..........Time to drop Marte....hes batting 140 or so......Drop Wedge and the idiot front office .....they keep sayin "were still in it!"

Cav:bowdown::bowdown:

Still last in batting and last in saves.....Im a believer too....a believer that the season is over......Hafners shoulder hurts from too many steeroid needle marks
                Last edited by cavalier1968; 06-18-2008, 08:37 PM.
                You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the $%#%! plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

Comment

I still can't believe that the Indians missed out on getting Joe Torre. But we can still get Jack McKeon. He turned around the Marlins after they fell 10 below .500 five years ago. And I bet you that he can turn us around too.

Now all we need to do is fire Wedge. And I think Skinner should go too (he lost an entire city's trust because of game 7 last year), with a good replacement being George Brett (one of the greatest 3rd basemen ever to play this game.)

Now as for a replacement for Westbrook, I say we go for Roger Clemens. Sure he's 45, but he won 18 games in 2004. Sure his winning % has been declining since then, but that's because he's been playing for perennial contenders (which we used to be). If he plays here, no doubt will win more.

Comment

I still can't believe that the Indians missed out on getting Joe Torre. But we can still get Jack McKeon. He turned around the Marlins after they fell 10 below .500 five years ago. And I bet you that he can turn us around too.
                    His success with KC was kinda uneven, Oakland went down with him, uneven with San Diego, fairly good with Cinci, he was only good the first (partial) year with Florida

<Now as for a replacement for Westbrook, I say we go for Roger Clemens. Sure he's 45, but he won 18 games in 2004.>

Only four years ago. (any idea how much he'd ask for, to be on a mediocre team for half the year?)

<Sure his winning % has been declining since then, but that's because he's been playing for perennial contenders (which we used to be).>

Where your winning % tends to go UP

<If he plays here, no doubt will win more.>

Because we're NOT a perennial contender?
                    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

THe Rocket? Have you been hitting the sauce?

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer View Post
                        THe Rocket? Have you been hitting the sauce?
                        FYI I'm only 18 and I wouldn't drink even if I was 21.

Clemens is one of the best pitchers ever to grace this game. He is the much-needed veteran for the rotation. The Rocket is what we need.

Comment

How about Ben Sheets (we'll get outbid) or AJ Burnett?

Comment

FYI I'm only 18 and I wouldn't drink even if I was 21.

Clemens is one of the best pitchers ever to grace this game. He is the much-needed veteran for the rotation. The Rocket is what we need.
                            For that matter, how 'bout Nolan Ryan or Fergie Jenkins? The last thing the Tribe needs is a part-time juice baller, who wants to make $10 Mil plus to start 13 games, and only last 5 innings in over half of them.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalier1968 View Post
                              The tribe will be in last place within the next 3 weeks..........Time to drop Marte....hes batting 140 or so......Drop Wedge and the idiot front office .....they keep sayin "were still in it!"

Cav:bowdown::bowdown:

Still last in batting and last in saves.....Im a believer too....a believer that the season is over......Hafners shoulder hurts from too many steeroid needle marks

Chicago Sox 42 34
                              Minnesota 41 36
                              Detroit 36 40
                              Kansas City 36 43
                              Cleveland 35 43

My oh my....am I a little fortuneteller or not?

Cav

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X