Jimmy Dudley radio broadcasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Dudley radio broadcasts

I've been looking for an Indians network broadcast with Jimmy Dudley for years. Anyone know someone who happened to record one or have any?

I've got a recording of Jimmy Dudley's broadcast of when Sonny Seibert pitched his no-hitter. I recorded it off of a radio broadcast hosted by a Cleveland radio station. It covers the last inning of the game and runs about 6 minutes. Also have a Jimmy Dudley commercial with his wife that a friend interested in Cleveland radio history gave me.

Comment

The only Jimmy Dudley broadcasts that I've heard are from the 1954 World Series and the audio quality was really poor.

Comment

This won't be what you really want, but just by putting GArfield 1-2323 into a Bing search I got a 31 second clip of Jimmy Dudley doing a TV spot for what was then known to EVERY Clevelander as "The Aluminum Siding Corporation". I imagine every Clevelander of a certain age and maybe even those of today know the locally famous GArfield 1-2323 jingle at the close of their TV ads.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X