2B: Nap Lajoie, Bobby Avila
    3B: Al Rosen, Bill Bradley
    SS: Lou Boudreau, Joe Sewell
    LF: Shoeless Joe Jackson
    CF: Tris Speaker, Kenny Lofton, Earl Averill
    RF: Elmer Flick
    SP: Bob Feller, Stan Covelski, Mel Harder, Addie Joss, Sam McDowell
    RP: Ray Narleski, Doug Jones, Jose Mesa, Eric Plunk, Don Mossi

How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Indians players were together in their Indians prime?

The way I see it is the starting rotation would be by far the best in baseball with a very solid bullpen. The lineup would easily be the best in baseball. Excellent bench as well. All that said 115 wins should be possible.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
    C: Steve O'Neill, Victor Martinez
    1B: Jim Thome, Hal Trosky
    2B: Nap Lajoie, Bobby Avila
    3B: Al Rosen, Bill Bradley
    SS: Lou Boudreau, Joe Sewell
    LF: Shoeless Joe Jackson
    CF: Tris Speaker, Kenny Lofton, Earl Averill
    RF: Elmer Flick
    SP: Bob Feller, Stan Covelski, Mel Harder, Addie Joss, Sam McDowell
    RP: Ray Narleski, Doug Jones, Jose Mesa, Eric Plunk, Don Mossi

How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Indians players were together in their Indians prime?

The way I see it is the starting rotation would be by far the best in baseball with a very solid bullpen. The lineup would easily be the best in baseball. Excellent bench as well. All that said 115 wins should be possible.

I think this roster would win at least 120 games versus the current team, likely 125 or more.
    Watch Nate Jones stay healthy all next season.

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post
      I think this roster would win at least 120 games versus the current team, likely 125 or more.
      So you are saying that if this team played the 2016 Indians 162 times they'd win 120-125 games? That's saying quite a bit given the fact the Indians were a world series team.
      My dream ballpark dimensions
      LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
      RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
      Location....San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
        So you are saying that if this team played the 2016 Indians 162 times they'd win 120-125 games? That's saying quite a bit given the fact the Indians were a world series team.
        Well, I'm going with the current skill level of the current team. Maybe Lindor will be better later...

In my book, you have three of the top 30 players (position) who have ever lived (Lajoie, Speaker, Thome), HOFers at SS, RF, LF (if he hadn't thrown a WS). I'm not sure if Steve O'Neil is any better than Sandy Alomar Jr at historical catcher, but this year's Indian team isn't winning that battle either. Al Rosen was real good at his peak. Heck, Earl Averill backing up in CF is much better than anyone this Indians team has.

On the mound, Bob Feller destroys anyone here (IMO), and I'd take Stan Covelski over Kluber. The rest of the new Indian staff didn't do themselves any favors in the World Series.

In the bullpen, I haven't considered it enough, but let's give it to this team.

Even with a great pen, I think the historical Indians would score at least 8 runs a game versus these Indians. They would murderize the 2016 starting Indians staff, and the pen would be burned out by June. Think of it this way - Albert "Joey" Belle didn't even make the roster, and do you think a single current Cleveland hitter is better than him?

I'd put the over/under at 127-35. 130 wins for the old timers wouldn't surprise me.
        Last edited by Toledo Inquisition; 11-09-2016, 02:21 PM.
        Watch Nate Jones stay healthy all next season.

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X