Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chip View Post
    Is there any love for the Guardians?
    I don't know about love, but I'm quite okay with it.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

I do think their name should obviously stay Indians, but in any event I actually just thought of a good alternative name they could have used.

They could be the Cleveland Eries! Because Cleveland is located on Lake Erie! Their logo could be one of those wooden tall ships that used to sail on the Great Lakes in the olden days. Then they would be somewhat like the Mariners because they would both have a nautical theme!

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
        I do think their name should obviously stay Indians, but in any event I actually just thought of a good alternative name they could have used.

They could be the Cleveland Eries! Because Cleveland is located on Lake Erie! Their logo could be one of those wooden tall ships that used to sail on the Great Lakes in the olden days. Then they would be somewhat like the Mariners because they would both have a nautical theme!
        Lake Erie is named after the Erie Indian tribe.

Comment

True, but that is a place name, like "Milwaukee," so I think it's o.k. (If even place names like "Milwaukee" or "Cuyahoga" become politically incorrect then we are probably all doomed to despair.)

But to get around it if you really had to, you could call them the Cleveland Lakers. Then there would be two major sports teams named the Lakers: the Los Angeles Lakers and the Cleveland Lakers. Sort of like the Arizona Cardinals and the Saint Louis Cardinals. Or the San Francisco Giants and the New York Football Giants.

Comment

Frankly, I was hoping for the Cleveland Steamers.
            Last edited by AlexS; 09-16-2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexS View Post
              Franky, I was hoping for the Cleveland Steamers.
              Well, they've got the Browns, so it would kind of establish a theme.
              They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X