Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Tiger Stadium Better than Comerica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Tiger Stadium Better than Comerica?

In most posts on this forum, most people think that Tiger Stadium is better than Comerica Park. Is it really better? Why is it better? Is it just the history of the park? How can Comerica earn as much respect as TS? I would like to hear anyone's comments. TYVM!

Tiger Stadium

Originally posted by TigerFan84
    In most posts on this forum, most people think that Tiger Stadium is better than Comerica Park. Is it really better? Why is it better? Is it just the history of the park? How can Comerica earn as much respect as TS? I would like to hear anyone's comments. TYVM!
    Comerica will never get the repect that historic tiger stadium has.
    LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957
      Comerica will never get the repect that historic tiger stadium has.
      Donald is right. For one thing, there is so much history at the Corner. And it was there when Detroit was a great city, not part of the rebuilding process. It's seen the rise of the auto industry (and falling of it), the 68 riots, a couple world wars and the associated parades afterwards, various Chop Houses, and Sonny Elliott. Comerica has a long way to go, with a lot of winning needed, to be on the same level as Tiger Stadium.
      Comerica is a nice venue to watch a game, and the statues and kiosks inside show a respect for Detroit baseball history in a fine manner. But the on-the-field product, which has a lot to do with how successful a stadium can be, hasn't really enhanced the Comerica experience.
      I am not the anti-Comerica, Tiger Stadium is the greatest type like Donald or Iffy the Poser at the Freep, but I like to think I'm grounded in reality. And the above is the reality of it.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I think Comerica is better than Tiger Stadium.
        In the 1920's, Harry Heilmann led the AL with a .364 average. In addition, he averaged 220 hits, 45 doubles, 12 triples, 16 homers, 110 runs, and 130 RBI.

Comment

Originally posted by HDH
          I think Comerica is better than Tiger Stadium.
          In some ways, certainly. Having Leo's alone makes it top notch.
          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

You know it's nice to pull out the old photo albums and reminisce about Tiger Stadium. I'll always have fond memories of different games and a lot of loved ones I saw games there with.
            However, Comerica is our home field now. So far, it feels like an arranged marriage (or perhaps a shotgun marriage).
            I like the bigger concourses but I hate the far distances in the upper deck.
            You felt kind of cozy with Tiger Stadium being enclosed. Comerica is going to take some time getting used to.
            Having a winning team would do a lot to make us feel like going there.

Comment

Move on Tiger fans !

Originally posted by Paulmcall
              You know it's nice to pull out the old photo albums and reminisce about Tiger Stadium. I'll always have fond memories of different games and a lot of loved ones I saw games there with.
              However, Comerica is our home field now. So far, it feels like an arranged marriage (or perhaps a shotgun marriage).
              I like the bigger concourses but I hate the far distances in the upper deck.
              You felt kind of cozy with Tiger Stadium being enclosed. Comerica is going to take some time getting used to.
              Having a winning team would do a lot to make us feel like going there.

sure the corner, was better in an lot of things..a lot of the seats seemed
              so close, that you could hear the players swear etc..and the ball jumped
              outta the park, at any given moment...But I won't miss the poles behind
              certain seats, the crappy bathrooms, the too small refreshment stands,
              and the overall aging of the park..which was looking a tad on the seedy
              side..perhaps the city of Detroit, Pizza Mike, and the Tigers,decided to
              let the place ' go to pot '..but whatever your take on what happened..
              the new park Comerica, is better across the board..sure, there's not much
              history..for pete's sake, it's only been in service for 5 seasons, and prior
              to Comerica's arrival, the last ten years or so with Tiger Stadium, wasn't
              actually pretty top notch in regards to memories..as the Tigers have been
              inna coma for close to 20 seasons..So give it some time..once the Tigers
              start winning and playing,and rolling up victories, and maybe division titles
              All this talk about how great the corner was, and how lame Comerica is,
              will cease..It's like having a new girlfriend, but all one does,is talk about
              how great the OLD one was..not giving the 'NEW ' one a fair shot..
              If people were so full of passion for Tiger stadium, where were the mass
              protests, the sit down strikes, the refusial of attending any games at
              the new park..a'la Donald, ..protesting to the Detroit papers, media,
              city of Detroit, and Pizza Mike ? only a few did..the majority it seem
              wanted a new park..only problem is, you can't built a history or transfer
              the old one..with Cobb, Kaline, Anderson,Gibson, etc..to the new park.
              It'll take time..for the new one to have it's own history of wins etc..
              Myself, I love Tiger Stadium, but it's time to move on..and accept
              comerica...and hope for only the best for baseball in DETROIT

Comment

Agreed with Donald. Tiger Stadium is classic in its own right. Quite frankly, I do like the new stadium that the Tigers have, but I just can't see that ballpark having at least half the legacy that Tiger Stadium created. That's part of the reason why I want Tiger Stadium to survive.
                My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan84
                  Speaking only about the actual buildings -- There is NO WAY Tiger Stadium is better. None.

Now, that said - the nostalgic value, the good times had, the teams remembered - Tiger Stadium blows CoPa away.

I say this, give Comerica nearly 100 years, 3 championships, & the pennants that will come; and then compare
                  Originally posted by George & Al
                  Baseball, Hot Dogs, Opening Day, the sound the bat makes when it hits the ball square, and a cold beverage while watching the greatest game

Comment

tiger stadium

Originally posted by OldEnglishD
                    Speaking only about the actual buildings -- There is NO WAY Tiger Stadium is better. None.

Now, that said - the nostalgic value, the good times had, the teams remembered - Tiger Stadium blows CoPa away.

I say this, give Comerica nearly 100 years, 3 championships, & the pennants that will come; and then compare
                    You have the right for your own opinion like anyone else, but you are wrong comerica park is a dump compared to tiger stadium. it will never match tiger stadium even in 100 years. and i have friends that have gone there and say that i does not compare to tiger stadium at all.the people here on this forum know that i hate comerica park with a passion and will never go there at all.so nobody will change me about that. the seats at tiger stadium are lot closer than any seat at the comerica park. and i have read about this and heard from other people that have gone there for a game.and i will not go to comerica park just to make people hear happy for me just to say that i have been there.comerica park will never last 100 years like tiger stadium. it will be lucky to be here in 30 years.
                    Last edited by POLO GROUNDS 1957; 09-30-2005, 08:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

You have the right for your own opinion like anyone else, but you are wrong comerica park is a dump compared to tiger stadium. it will never match tiger stadium even in 100 years. and i have friends that have gone there and say that i does not compare to tiger stadium at all.the people here on this forum know that i hate comerica park with a passion and will never go there at all.so nobody will change me about that. the seats at tiger stadium are lot closer than any seat at the comerica park. and i have read about this and heard from other people that have gone there for a game.and i will not go to comerica park just to make people hear happy for me just to say that i have been there.comerica park will never last 100 years like tiger stadium. it will be lucky to be here in 30 years.
                      ......blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.......

...haven't we heard this before?
                      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

....... and i will not go to comerica park just to make people hear happy for me just to say that i have been there.comerica park will never last 100 years like tiger stadium. it will be lucky to be here in 30 years.
                        How exactly will you going to Comerica Park make anyones hearing happier ?

A true story ...
                        My 13 year old son hates fish; and because of that, he won't touch any seafood. Last year I took the family to the Olive Garden I ordered calamari as an appetizer. Well he had some, and had some more - and really liked it ! I then told him he just ate squid. He replied "ewwww". He wouldn't eat anymore that night or anytime after. Nowadays, he claims that he "really didn't like it that night either". I think he's convinced himself that its true.

The quoted text has me thinking that my son and you may have some things in common.
                        Originally posted by George & Al
                        Baseball, Hot Dogs, Opening Day, the sound the bat makes when it hits the ball square, and a cold beverage while watching the greatest game

Comment

Originally posted by OldEnglishD
                          How exactly will you going to Comerica Park make anyones hearing happier ?

A true story ...
                          My 13 year old son hates fish; and because of that, he won't touch any seafood. Last year I took the family to the Olive Garden I ordered calamari as an appetizer. Well he had some, and had some more - and really liked it ! I then told him he just ate squid. He replied "ewwww". He wouldn't eat anymore that night or anytime after. Nowadays, he claims that he "really didn't like it that night either". I think he's convinced himself that its true.

The quoted text has me thinking that my son and you may have some things in common.
                          The fact of this is the following certain people hear in this forum feel that i should not say my opinion on that dummpy ball park since i have never been there.that is the reason that i am not going to that dump just to make people happy hear at the forum.i have seen all of the stadium that i care to see in the newspaper, tv news, and driving past the dump going downtown. and i have heard opinions from other people that have been there.there are alot of people here in the detroit area that dont like the stadium either.since i was in the tiger stadium fan club we all had a long battle over the stadium issue.and to alot of people in the club this is still a bitter topic even 5 years after that dumpy toilet bowl opened.

Comment

Oh ye of little Tiger faith

The fact of this is the following certain people hear in this forum feel that i should not say my opinion on that dummpy ball park since i have never been there.that is the reason that i am not going to that dump just to make people happy hear at the forum.i have seen all of the stadium that i care to see in the newspaper, tv news, and driving past the dump going downtown. and i have heard opinions from other people that have been there.there are alot of people here in the detroit area that dont like the stadium either.since i was in the tiger stadium fan club we all had a long battle over the stadium issue.and to alot of people in the club this is still a bitter topic even 5 years after that dumpy toilet bowl opened.
                            blah,blah,blah, indeed ! like a CD that skips constantly...jeez O' petes
                            Donald....To call Copa, a Toilet Bowl, especially-WHEN you have never
                            set foot inside, to judge for ye self..is crazy.....heck, you probably
                            think that the Earth is flat, and the U.S. never landed on the moon
                            and more...final season ending question Donald..did you do any ACID
                            during yer hippie days ?

Comment

I can almost taste the lemon you leave sitting in your mouth.
                              "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X