No announcement yet.

opinion of Brandon Inge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Inge is fine where he is....He has shown me enough to leave him at the hot corner for at least a few more years. He has one of the more patient eyes of the Tigers (not saying much), and if he can stay between the .250-.260 BA range, with the pop he does provide, I am not sure what everyone is complaining about. The days of the huge bat on the hot corner, have mostly gone the way of Dean Palmer, yes there are a few "stud" 3rd sackers. But these days, the premium seems to be on guys that can pick it. And, keep in mind Inge has an good shot of setting the single season assist record for Tiger 3Bmen (has 375 now, needs 389 I think to beat the orginal A Rod). The offense of MLB teams has been spread more throughout the line up (see all the SS that produce) these days.

Thoughts to some of the posters, on this thread......I fear the day, Guillen should for whatever reason be the starting 3Bman, YOU FOLKS DON'T THINK GUILLEN MAKES ENOUGH THROWING ERRORS?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!! Guillens' next move should be to 1B sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by TigersFanB406
      Like him.

He's a better 3B man than ARod. Too bad people go only by the bat though, and because of that, they'll think ARod is the better 3B man.

Inge has what, 26 homeruns now? I'd say he has the ability to hit.
      Huh? A-Rod is the better 3rd Baseman....

Inge is having a great season, but lets not get out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
        Huh? A-Rod is the better 3rd Baseman....

Inge is having a great season, but lets not get out of hand.
        I believe they were speaking of, THE PLAYING OF 3B, not the offensive side of things. Since there are few people "picking" it like Inge (not impossible for the lil' fellow to end up with 400 assits). We all know the handful of names, Crede, Chavez, ect., and even the biggest Yank honk would have to say this year A Rod is not amoung them.

BTW has 400 assists happened from a 3rd baseman before??? I know the Tigers record is 389ish.

Comment

Originally posted by tigers527
          I believe they were speaking of, THE PLAYING OF 3B, not the offensive side of things. Since there are few people "picking" it like Inge (not impossible for the lil' fellow to end up with 400 assits). We all know the handful of names, Crede, Chavez, ect., and even the biggest Yank honk would have to say this year A Rod is not amoung them.

BTW has 400 assists happened from a 3rd baseman before??? I know the Tigers record is 389ish.
          He also commented on Inge's HR, so i didnt take it as a defensive comparison.

Crede, Chavez, Inge, and Lowell are all having great seasons at 3B. Inge has become a top tier defensive 3Bman. He needs to improve his batting greatly, however. Slugging isnt bad, but his average and OBP are horrendous.(although both above his career average). I think a lot of this can be solved if he changed that bad K/BB ratio of his. If he becomes better in that facet, he could become a top tier 3rd baseman all around.

I dont know about the assists record. But he also had 378 last year.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that after, I posted.....That is a strech Mr Fantastic would be envious of...Thinking Inge is the better overall 3Bman then A Rod (maybe he was speaking of Aurelio Rodriguez?)

Comment

Originally posted by tigers527
              Yeah, I noticed that after, I posted.....That is a strech Mr Fantastic would be envious of...Thinking Inge is the better overall 3Bman then A Rod (maybe he was speaking of Aurelio Rodriguez?)
              1970s Aurelio Rodriguez?.....havent heard that name in a while

Comment

1970s Aurelio Rodriguez?.....havent heard that name in a while
                Yup, that's the one...not a horrid 3Bman in his own right...Great D not much of a stick though...to my memory. Time to check my memory...lifetime .237 avg...with a high of .265....high of like 60 RBI...Hey EVERYONE!!! My memory works.

Comment

Crede, Chavez, Inge, and Lowell are all having great seasons at 3B. Inge has become a top tier defensive 3Bman. He needs to improve his batting greatly, however. Slugging isnt bad, but his average and OBP are horrendous.(although both above his career average). I think a lot of this can be solved if he changed that bad K/BB ratio of his. If he becomes better in that facet, he could become a top tier 3rd baseman all around.

I dont know about the assists record. But he also had 378 last year.
                  He was right Evan. I was talking about those actually playing 3B and I believe Inge is better than ARod there. The reason I mentioned Inge's HRs was as an aside really. Someone had said they wished he would hit more so I pointed out his HR's. That's all.
                  Place your quote here for just $5.00

I hate pink bats...Tigers losses...White Sox...Yanks...and Chevrolet!

Comment

I don't think there is a Tiger on that team who I have more respect for than Brandon Inge. Mainly because of all he went through with this organization. I remember the days when he was a great fielding catcher who couldn't hit a lick and on the verge of being traded because they just aquired Pudge and they had no position for him except as a fourth outfielder.

To go from that to becoming what he is today is pretty awesome. Changing positions to Third base {and fielding it like an All Star, I might add} and becoming a decent power hitter to boot. He just keeps getting better year after year.

You also have to feel happy for the guy now considering he played on all those recent crappy teams and never complained about it.

Comment

If Mr. Charles Brandon Inge can keep on ameliorating his play from season to season, he could be a potential All Star third baseperson. I have an affinity for any Tiger that went through that dreaded 2003 season; talk about learning humility. I believe that is why we are not hearing any Tigers talking "smack" about being (arguably) the best team in Baseball, at least record wise (for now). 2003 is still so close, with any luck, 2006 should help to erase the embarrassment and humiliation.

Anyhow, back to Charles, I would like to see his K/BB ratio improve, as mentioned in a previous post; however, if he can keep the HRs in the 25-30 range, I could live with an AVG of .250 or so. We did it with Lance Parrish for years, the king of the double play. Hopefully Charles will not reach the Mendoza Line any time soon, which he did in '01, '02, '03.

And, of course, I would like to see his errors lessened. His strong throwing arm compensates for many misplayed balls, or his FLD% would even be lower.
                      As long as ARod is at third with George’s team, I think he will be a lock for the starting AL All-Star third baseperson, his reputation precedes him, at least this year, although things always change.....just ask DY.
                      Still a long suffering TIGERS fan

Comment

Fully agree with you here Jackal. I have much respect for any of those guys who went through that season.
                        Place your quote here for just $5.00

I hate pink bats...Tigers losses...White Sox...Yanks...and Chevrolet!

Comment

Originally posted by RottenGazebo
                          Trade Pudge to the Indians for C.C. Sabathia and Victor Martinez.
                          :grouchy LOL i hope not!!!!!!!
                          GOT GRADY??

The Outside Corner - A Modern Look at Professional Sports

www.outsidecorner.bravehost.com

Comment

You should go visit the ESPN message boards, they think Inge=HoF on the tigers board.

Comment

Reply to Brandon Inge

:gt

I really like Brandon Inge also, and I really think he's been getting better and better. I'd like to see him with the Tigers for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Utility07
                                You should go visit the ESPN message boards, they think Inge=HoF on the tigers board.
                                I think you can see the differences between boards.
                                Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                                Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                                Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                                Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                                Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X