X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flea45
    replied
    Originally posted by Paulmcall
    He kind of reminds me of a Tommy Brookens in that he's a good guy and can field but his hitting is never quite good enough. He seemed to get get tired and his average really took a dive as the season wore on.
    Brandon is ok but not a game breaker. He does strike out a lot too.
    i'd take 27 hr's from my 3b any year

Leave a comment:

• thekid9
    replied
    free swinging

B looks bad on the final out tonight. 3 pitches?? I know it was a tough situation but working a count to a guy who was throwing a lot of balls would have been nice.

Leave a comment:

• tigers527
    replied
    Originally posted by I'm Keith Hernandez
    Do you really want to compare Brandon Inge to Ted Williams?

We are talking about a guy who is about a .240 hitter, strikes out a ton, is an error machine at third, and happened to hit a few homers this year. It would be absurdly easy to replace that type of production at 3rd base.

Look, I have been a big fan of Inge, but the playoffs are most important. After Jerry Stackhouse choked against the Raptors in the 2002(?) playoffs, Dumars didn't hesitate to ship him out of town. Stackhouse led the league in scoring that year, but Dumars was able to obtain a player that would help win a ring.

But it is a moot point since you are willing to settle for a Wild Card team.
    Ummmm, Inge batted .375 in the WS!!!!!! Are you high or something?....oops .353
    Last edited by tigers527; 10-27-2006, 10:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tigers527
    replied
    Hate to say it, but if the opportunity presents itself, he must be upgraded. When it really mattered, he choked.
    You do know...that he is likely one of maybe 4-5, 3Bmen (on earth) to make that stab, in the first place. And the other of those folks, either don't have the arm to even try the throw or are not available? BTW that is a play I have seen him make often.

My only complaint about Inge for the moment is the amount of strike outs. If he can figure out how to not K 100 times, I am cool with him.

Leave a comment:

• I'm Keith Hernandez
    replied
    Do you really want to compare Brandon Inge to Ted Williams?

We are talking about a guy who is about a .240 hitter, strikes out a ton, is an error machine at third, and happened to hit a few homers this year. It would be absurdly easy to replace that type of production at 3rd base.

Look, I have been a big fan of Inge, but the playoffs are most important. After Jerry Stackhouse choked against the Raptors in the 2002(?) playoffs, Dumars didn't hesitate to ship him out of town. Stackhouse led the league in scoring that year, but Dumars was able to obtain a player that would help win a ring.

But it is a moot point since you are willing to settle for a Wild Card team.

Leave a comment:

• EvanAparra
    replied
    Do we not understand the difference between the World Series and some random night in July when the Tigers are 30 games above .500?
    Do we not understand that every game still counts? Every player that doesnt do well in the world series should be traded... Bye bye Ted Williams, See ya Stan Musial!

Leave a comment:

• I'm Keith Hernandez
    replied
    Originally posted by EvanAparra
    Every game really matters.
    Do we not understand the difference between the World Series and some random night in July when the Tigers are 30 games above .500?

Leave a comment:

• EvanAparra
    replied
    Hate to say it, but if the opportunity presents itself, he must be upgraded. When it really mattered, he choked.
    Every game really matters.

Leave a comment:

• I'm Keith Hernandez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by Utility07
    You should go visit the ESPN message boards, they think Inge=HoF on the tigers board.
    I think you can see the differences between boards.

Leave a comment:

• Ilovesilly
    replied
    Reply to Brandon Inge

:gt

I really like Brandon Inge also, and I really think he's been getting better and better. I'd like to see him with the Tigers for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Utility07
    replied
    You should go visit the ESPN message boards, they think Inge=HoF on the tigers board.

Leave a comment:

• flea45
    replied
    Originally posted by RottenGazebo
    Trade Pudge to the Indians for C.C. Sabathia and Victor Martinez.
    :grouchy LOL i hope not!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TigersFanB406
    replied
    Fully agree with you here Jackal. I have much respect for any of those guys who went through that season.

Leave a comment:

• malt-tones
    replied
    If Mr. Charles Brandon Inge can keep on ameliorating his play from season to season, he could be a potential All Star third baseperson. I have an affinity for any Tiger that went through that dreaded 2003 season; talk about learning humility. I believe that is why we are not hearing any Tigers talking "smack" about being (arguably) the best team in Baseball, at least record wise (for now). 2003 is still so close, with any luck, 2006 should help to erase the embarrassment and humiliation.

Anyhow, back to Charles, I would like to see his K/BB ratio improve, as mentioned in a previous post; however, if he can keep the HRs in the 25-30 range, I could live with an AVG of .250 or so. We did it with Lance Parrish for years, the king of the double play. Hopefully Charles will not reach the Mendoza Line any time soon, which he did in '01, '02, '03.

And, of course, I would like to see his errors lessened. His strong throwing arm compensates for many misplayed balls, or his FLD% would even be lower.
    As long as ARod is at third with George’s team, I think he will be a lock for the starting AL All-Star third baseperson, his reputation precedes him, at least this year, although things always change.....just ask DY.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X