No announcement yet.

opinion of Brandon Inge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to say it, but if the opportunity presents itself, he must be upgraded. When it really mattered, he choked.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Keith Hernandez
      Hate to say it, but if the opportunity presents itself, he must be upgraded. When it really mattered, he choked.
      Every game really matters.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
        Every game really matters.
        Do we not understand the difference between the World Series and some random night in July when the Tigers are 30 games above .500?

Comment

Do we not understand the difference between the World Series and some random night in July when the Tigers are 30 games above .500?
          Do we not understand that every game still counts? Every player that doesnt do well in the world series should be traded... Bye bye Ted Williams, See ya Stan Musial!

Comment

Do you really want to compare Brandon Inge to Ted Williams?

We are talking about a guy who is about a .240 hitter, strikes out a ton, is an error machine at third, and happened to hit a few homers this year. It would be absurdly easy to replace that type of production at 3rd base.

Look, I have been a big fan of Inge, but the playoffs are most important. After Jerry Stackhouse choked against the Raptors in the 2002(?) playoffs, Dumars didn't hesitate to ship him out of town. Stackhouse led the league in scoring that year, but Dumars was able to obtain a player that would help win a ring.

But it is a moot point since you are willing to settle for a Wild Card team.

Comment

You do know...that he is likely one of maybe 4-5, 3Bmen (on earth) to make that stab, in the first place. And the other of those folks, either don't have the arm to even try the throw or are not available? BTW that is a play I have seen him make often.

My only complaint about Inge for the moment is the amount of strike outs. If he can figure out how to not K 100 times, I am cool with him.

Comment

Do you really want to compare Brandon Inge to Ted Williams?

We are talking about a guy who is about a .240 hitter, strikes out a ton, is an error machine at third, and happened to hit a few homers this year. It would be absurdly easy to replace that type of production at 3rd base.

Look, I have been a big fan of Inge, but the playoffs are most important. After Jerry Stackhouse choked against the Raptors in the 2002(?) playoffs, Dumars didn't hesitate to ship him out of town. Stackhouse led the league in scoring that year, but Dumars was able to obtain a player that would help win a ring.

But it is a moot point since you are willing to settle for a Wild Card team.
                Ummmm, Inge batted .375 in the WS!!!!!! Are you high or something?....oops .353
                Last edited by tigers527; 10-27-2006, 11:37 PM.

Comment

free swinging

B looks bad on the final out tonight. 3 pitches?? I know it was a tough situation but working a count to a guy who was throwing a lot of balls would have been nice.
                  .406 might as well be 1000 cuz no one's going to beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulmcall
                    He kind of reminds me of a Tommy Brookens in that he's a good guy and can field but his hitting is never quite good enough. He seemed to get get tired and his average really took a dive as the season wore on.
                    Brandon is ok but not a game breaker. He does strike out a lot too.
                    i'd take 27 hr's from my 3b any year
                    GOT GRADY??

The Outside Corner - A Modern Look at Professional Sports

www.outsidecorner.bravehost.com

Comment

I agree. I've ALWAYS liked Inge. Good people, scrapy and solid. However, he seemed to be in the middle of everything this series and the Tigers lost. Too many errors and outs. He's going to be unfairly blamed. I'm afraid he's going to be a goat for awhile. I just hope Toger fans remember they won the American League and lost to a hungry and talented team (and bad the Tigers were better).

Comment

no indians.jpg

Love Cleveland but the PC in me thinks the logo has to go. Even Inge would think so.

Comment

Detroit fans need to breathe and realize this was a great year.

Comment

I tend to agree that every game matters, but as the postseason progresses, the importance of each game progresses. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, your perception on "when it really matters" seems to be reversed...

regular season: .253
                            ALDS: .133
                            ALCS: .333
                            WS: .353

Comment

Inge is the all around hitter and player today he's a great guy, he can hit for average, for power, for contact, he can field incredibly , well he can run when he wants (not counting yesterday).
                              Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by NShlain
                                Teams that would take Pudges Contract + Need a catcher:
                                Dodgers
                                Mets
                                Cubs
                                Just off the top of my head.
                                Ummm... we have Lo Duca. So riddle me this. Why in the world would the Mets pick up Pudge's contract? How many catchers do we need? Lo Duca is just fine where he is at.
                                Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X