Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackal5150
    replied
    I don't think there is a Tiger on that team who I have more respect for than Brandon Inge. Mainly because of all he went through with this organization. I remember the days when he was a great fielding catcher who couldn't hit a lick and on the verge of being traded because they just aquired Pudge and they had no position for him except as a fourth outfielder.

To go from that to becoming what he is today is pretty awesome. Changing positions to Third base {and fielding it like an All Star, I might add} and becoming a decent power hitter to boot. He just keeps getting better year after year.

You also have to feel happy for the guy now considering he played on all those recent crappy teams and never complained about it.

Leave a comment:

• TigersFanB406
    replied
    Originally posted by EvanAparra
    He also commented on Inge's HR, so i didnt take it as a defensive comparison.

Crede, Chavez, Inge, and Lowell are all having great seasons at 3B. Inge has become a top tier defensive 3Bman. He needs to improve his batting greatly, however. Slugging isnt bad, but his average and OBP are horrendous.(although both above his career average). I think a lot of this can be solved if he changed that bad K/BB ratio of his. If he becomes better in that facet, he could become a top tier 3rd baseman all around.

I dont know about the assists record. But he also had 378 last year.
    He was right Evan. I was talking about those actually playing 3B and I believe Inge is better than ARod there. The reason I mentioned Inge's HRs was as an aside really. Someone had said they wished he would hit more so I pointed out his HR's. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• tigers527
    replied
    1970s Aurelio Rodriguez?.....havent heard that name in a while
    Yup, that's the one...not a horrid 3Bman in his own right...Great D not much of a stick though...to my memory. Time to check my memory...lifetime .237 avg...with a high of .265....high of like 60 RBI...Hey EVERYONE!!! My memory works.

Leave a comment:

• EvanAparra
    replied
    Originally posted by tigers527
    Yeah, I noticed that after, I posted.....That is a strech Mr Fantastic would be envious of...Thinking Inge is the better overall 3Bman then A Rod (maybe he was speaking of Aurelio Rodriguez?)
    1970s Aurelio Rodriguez?.....havent heard that name in a while

Leave a comment:

• tigers527
    replied
    Yeah, I noticed that after, I posted.....That is a strech Mr Fantastic would be envious of...Thinking Inge is the better overall 3Bman then A Rod (maybe he was speaking of Aurelio Rodriguez?)

Leave a comment:

• EvanAparra
    replied
    Originally posted by tigers527
    I believe they were speaking of, THE PLAYING OF 3B, not the offensive side of things. Since there are few people "picking" it like Inge (not impossible for the lil' fellow to end up with 400 assits). We all know the handful of names, Crede, Chavez, ect., and even the biggest Yank honk would have to say this year A Rod is not amoung them.

BTW has 400 assists happened from a 3rd baseman before??? I know the Tigers record is 389ish.

Crede, Chavez, Inge, and Lowell are all having great seasons at 3B. Inge has become a top tier defensive 3Bman. He needs to improve his batting greatly, however. Slugging isnt bad, but his average and OBP are horrendous.(although both above his career average). I think a lot of this can be solved if he changed that bad K/BB ratio of his. If he becomes better in that facet, he could become a top tier 3rd baseman all around.

I dont know about the assists record. But he also had 378 last year.

Leave a comment:

• tigers527
    replied
    Huh? A-Rod is the better 3rd Baseman....

Inge is having a great season, but lets not get out of hand.
    I believe they were speaking of, THE PLAYING OF 3B, not the offensive side of things. Since there are few people "picking" it like Inge (not impossible for the lil' fellow to end up with 400 assits). We all know the handful of names, Crede, Chavez, ect., and even the biggest Yank honk would have to say this year A Rod is not amoung them.

BTW has 400 assists happened from a 3rd baseman before??? I know the Tigers record is 389ish.

Leave a comment:

• EvanAparra
    replied
    Originally posted by TigersFanB406
    Like him.

He's a better 3B man than ARod. Too bad people go only by the bat though, and because of that, they'll think ARod is the better 3B man.

Inge has what, 26 homeruns now? I'd say he has the ability to hit.
    Huh? A-Rod is the better 3rd Baseman....

Inge is having a great season, but lets not get out of hand.

Leave a comment:

• tigers527
    replied
    I think Inge is fine where he is....He has shown me enough to leave him at the hot corner for at least a few more years. He has one of the more patient eyes of the Tigers (not saying much), and if he can stay between the .250-.260 BA range, with the pop he does provide, I am not sure what everyone is complaining about. The days of the huge bat on the hot corner, have mostly gone the way of Dean Palmer, yes there are a few "stud" 3rd sackers. But these days, the premium seems to be on guys that can pick it. And, keep in mind Inge has an good shot of setting the single season assist record for Tiger 3Bmen (has 375 now, needs 389 I think to beat the orginal A Rod). The offense of MLB teams has been spread more throughout the line up (see all the SS that produce) these days.

Thoughts to some of the posters, on this thread......I fear the day, Guillen should for whatever reason be the starting 3Bman, YOU FOLKS DON'T THINK GUILLEN MAKES ENOUGH THROWING ERRORS?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!! Guillens' next move should be to 1B sooner rather than later.

Leave a comment:

• TigersFanB406
    replied
    Like him.

He's a better 3B man than ARod. Too bad people go only by the bat though, and because of that, they'll think ARod is the better 3B man.

Inge has what, 26 homeruns now? I'd say he has the ability to hit.

Leave a comment:

• NShlain
    replied
    Teams that would take Pudges Contract + Need a catcher:
    Dodgers
    Mets
    Cubs
    Just off the top of my head.

Leave a comment:

• RottenGazebo
    replied
    Originally posted by NShlain
    Inge is a very valuable player. How about this:

Trade Pudge for an Ace or closer
    Move Inge to C
    Guillen to third
    Sign SS Furcal as a real leadoff man
    Nah, use Granderson as lead-off.

Leave a comment:

• RottenGazebo
    replied
    Trade Pudge to the Indians for C.C. Sabathia and Victor Martinez.

Leave a comment:

• RamMan12
    replied
    Trade Pudge to the Yankees. That'll help the problem. LOL

Leave a comment:

• OldEnglishD
    replied
    Originally posted by NShlain
    Inge is a very valuable player. How about this:

Trade Pudge for an Ace or closer
    Move Inge to C
    Guillen to third
    Sign SS Furcal as a real leadoff man
    This would be every Tiger fans dream !! But ....

Originally posted by Paulmcall
    No one will take Pudge with his contract.
    Unfortuneately Paulmcall is dead-on right with this post !

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X