X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NShlain
    What's your beef with Comerica Park?
    Man, don't even get into that with him.

His views about Comerica are legendary (and laughed at quite frequently) around here.

You want to know the kicker?

He's never stepped foot in the place.
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Toilets

Originally posted by NShlain
      It was like they haven't ever been cleaned. They were sick. The water that came out of that sink was just as dirty as anything so it totally defeated the purpose of wahsing your hands (like any of the bums in their did).
      I would rather use the restrooms at tiger stadium any day than anything at comerica antiseptic toilet bowl park. i am sure that the rest rooms could be cleaned up since they have not been used for a while.
      LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957
        I would rather use the restrooms at tiger stadium any day than anything at comerica antiseptic toilet bowl park. i am sure that the rest rooms could be cleaned up since they have not been used for a while.
        Oh yeah, send Mr. Clean into Tiger Stadium and magically the ballpark becomes new and efficient. Great idea, Donald.
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

bud bowl

In todays free press on section D page 4 the newspaper states that the bud bowl at tiger stadium next month will not be open to the public. the article states that it will be invitation only also people who win promotions at radio stations and bars will be allowed to attend the concerts that will be held on the tiger stadium infield in a 30,000 foot heated enclosure. this stinks i have not been in tiger stadium since august of 2001 and was hoping to see how the old girl looks today.:grouchy
          LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

Comerica looks like PNC
            REMEMBER THE EXPOS

Comment

Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957
              In todays free press on section D page 4 the newspaper states that the bud bowl at tiger stadium next month will not be open to the public. the article states that it will be invitation only also people who win promotions at radio stations and bars will be allowed to attend the concerts that will be held on the tiger stadium infield in a 30,000 foot heated enclosure. this stinks i have not been in tiger stadium since august of 2001 and was hoping to see how the old girl looks today.:grouchy
              I suggest you start listening for Tiger Stadium trivia contests on local Detroit radio stations. Maybe you can score a pass. I can't believe you would give up without even trying to get in. That would be a shame. Maybe you could have your therapist write a note to the organizers of Bud Bowl, you know, tell them about your relationship with the park and such. That might do the trick.
              I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

bud bowl

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bud-Bowl-3-Doors...QQcmdZViewItem

You could just buy your way in....

Comment

There you go. come on Donald, I know you'll pony up the bucks for this once in a lifetime experience.

Comment

My head is killing me. Is someone actually willing to pay that much to see 3 Doors Down, Tiger Stadium or not?
                    It's in a big tent, for crying out loud. I don't think you'll get a chance to look around the actual stadium.
                    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

It's Tiger Stadium man. Donald can do a complete run through, put together a full report for city council, gather his investors, and turn the "old girl" into something beautiful and civically useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
                        Is someone actually willing to pay that much to see 3 Doors Down, Tiger Stadium or not?
                        The Doors, I would go for it. But when you walk 3 Doors Down, the quality of music seems to fall off dramatically.
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I have nothing against Detroit. [Well, the 68 WS did break my heart] Had a wonderful weekend visit there in June, 99 when the Cards were playing the Tigers in the final season at Tiger, had fun drinking with fans at Nemos, nice dinner in Greektown. But why in the world does the NFL think anyone wants to go to Detroit, Minneapolis or any other cold city in February? I know the Super Bowl ceased being an event Joe Sixpack could attend a long time ago, but why not keep the game played outside in locations like Miami, Tampa, LA or San Diego.

BTW, if the name of Detroit's newspaper is the "Free-Press" how come you have to pay for a copy of it?

Is Nemo's still around? Or did they move it by Kramerica Park?
                          It Might Be? It Could Be?? It Is!

Comment

Originally posted by 64Cards

Okay, I know there has to be a "Finding Nemo's" joke in there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 64Cards
                              I have nothing against Detroit. [Well, the 68 WS did break my heart] Had a wonderful weekend visit there in June, 99 when the Cards were playing the Tigers in the final season at Tiger, had fun drinking with fans at Nemos, nice dinner in Greektown. But why in the world does the NFL think anyone wants to go to Detroit, Minneapolis or any other cold city in February? I know the Super Bowl ceased being an event Joe Sixpack could attend a long time ago, but why not keep the game played outside in locations like Miami, Tampa, LA or San Diego.

BTW, if the name of Detroit's newspaper is the "Free-Press" how come you have to pay for a copy of it?

I know the Elwood was moved when they built Comerica. Not sure about Nemo's, though.
                              Why does the NFL think anyone wants to go to Detroit for the Super Bowl? because it's the Super Bowl. And, believe me, they're there. I was in Detroit this past weekend to visit family. Oh, the parties . . .
                              In three years, it'll be the NCAA Final Four. Ten years ago, no one could have even dreamed the city would have this many major events (Golf's U.S. Open in the posh suburbs, Super Bowl, Final Four and baseball's All Star Game.) in such a short period of time.
                              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Now if only we could get the World Series to come to town, THEN Detroit's turnaround will be complete.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X