No announcement yet.

Bud Bowl at Tiger Stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem is, the downtown retail spaces are still going to be empty with posters in the windows. Detroit needs a real influx of cash, but the problem is, IMO, that all the ideas seem to be short sighted.
    I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer
      Problem is, the downtown retail spaces are still going to be empty with posters in the windows. Detroit needs a real influx of cash, but the problem is, IMO, that all the ideas seem to be short sighted.
      I wonder what out-of-towners have thought/are going to think as they come upon Ford Field/Comerica/Fox Theater/State Theater/Hockey Town Cafe/ and then drive maybe a couple blocks north and see all the construction/building getting torn down, etc?
      Campus Maritius, etc. are all decked out. But go a couple blocks in either direction . . .
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

tiger stadium

Tiger stadium was in todays detroit free press in section F pages 1 & 8. in the photos they show a tree growing from a crack in the ground behind the tigers dugout on the 3rd base side.THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF TO SEE THIS IN THE PAPER. they take a photo of this but they cant pull the thing up and take it out.they also said that no one will be able to leave the tent inless they go outside to smoke.if i ever get in there again THE FIRST THING I WILL DO IS TAKE THAT TREE OUT myself.
        LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

The ol' girl isn't lookin' too good.

http://freepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...arams=Itemnr=2
          I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer
            The ol' girl isn't lookin' too good.

http://freepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...arams=Itemnr=2
            Ghosts of seasons past.
            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Aw hell, it just needs a little TLC. Some paint, too.

It's amazing where weeds will grow. I was in the top row of the upper deck at Arrowhead for a Chiefs game and there were weeds growing in cracks in the concrete. The nations of the world could engage in thermo-nuclear war, wipe out civilization, but before long there would be weeds growing. Plus bugs.
              It Might Be? It Could Be?? It Is!

Comment

Here's a nice ESPN article on this:

A six-pack to go at Tiger Stadium's hallowed ground
                DETROIT -- The high-end club has everything any partygoer could want: flat screens, water fountains, go-go cages, a bed of roses and a high-flying trapeze artist.

But ignore the glitz and glamour and walk past the stage where rapper Snoop Dogg will perform Friday night; and on the other side of two sets of double doors, you'll find an overstuffed slice of American sports history.

There, directly in front of you less than eight feet away, is the old pitcher's mound. The dirt is wet and clumpy, the grass around it frail and thin. But, indeed, this is exactly where Kirk Gibson, Alan Trammell and the rest of the 1984 Tigers mobbed Willie Hernandez to celebrate the World Series clincher. Indeed, this is exactly where Mark Fidrych talked to the ball, talked to himself and threw back all the balls that "had hits in them."

To your left, the slab of dirt that Hank Greenberg once owned. Behind that, the patch of grass where Al Kaline once roamed. And in front you, the ending point for 11,111 home-run trots through the stadium's 87-year life span.
                Last edited by Mattingly; 02-05-2006, 05:14 PM.
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

To answer a previously asked question, yes, Nemo's is still in business, in the same location on Michigan Avenue, and offers a shuttle to Wings and Lions games.
                  "Straight ball I hit it very much, curveball, bats are afraid"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X