C: Ivan Rodriguez
    1B: Carlos Pena
    2B: Placido Polanco
    SS: Carlos Guillen
    3B: Brandon Inge
    LF: Craig Monroe
    CF: Nook Logan
    RF: Magglio Ordonez

I think Curtis Granderson will start ahead of Logan, and Chris Shelton will be at first. Also, I think Dmitri Young will be the DH most days.

I agree. Shelton would have to have a pretty lousy ST in order to lose his position to Pena or Young. I also believe that Granderson proved enough last season to take away Nook's starting spot. I'd like to see him steal bases more often, but his power seems to be developing, and he's got fantastic speed.

It seems to be that ESPN was lazy in their research of the Tigers, and that they have not heard about Shelton or Granderson. My guess would be that they also have Ramon Colon or Wil Ledezma slated to be the fifth starter behind Rogers, Bonderman, Maroth, and Robertson. It would appear that the Tigers are still flying below the radar, and could be in great position to "shock the world" if they can stay healthy.
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by Srschirm
      Tigers projected lineup by ESPN.com:

C: Ivan Rodriguez
      1B: Carlos Pena
      2B: Placido Polanco
      SS: Carlos Guillen
      3B: Brandon Inge
      LF: Craig Monroe
      CF: Nook Logan
      RF: Magglio Ordonez

I think Curtis Granderson will start ahead of Logan, and Chris Shelton will be at first. Also, I think Dmitri Young will be the DH most days.

I totally agree with your observations little bro. Da Meat Hook is a line drive hitting machine.
      I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Originally posted by racosun
        I agree. Shelton would have to have a pretty lousy ST in order to lose his position to Pena or Young. I also believe that Granderson proved enough last season to take away Nook's starting spot. I'd like to see him steal bases more often, but his power seems to be developing, and he's got fantastic speed.

It seems to be that ESPN was lazy in their research of the Tigers, and that they have not heard about Shelton or Granderson. My guess would be that they also have Ramon Colon or Wil Ledezma slated to be the fifth starter behind Rogers, Bonderman, Maroth, and Robertson. It would appear that the Tigers are still flying below the radar, and could be in great position to "shock the world" if they can stay healthy.
        Yeah, they had Verlander/Ledezma slated as the 5th starter. Hopefully these young pitchers will develop all the potential they possess.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X