Current rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current rebuild

We all know that our beloved Tigers are in the middle of a long rebuild. Sure, before he left, DD told us that it wasn't a rebuilt, but a reboot. That was before he angered Mr. I and was exiled to the inhumane lands of the disastrous Bosox. Now Al Avila is stock-piling non-top prospect middle-infielders to base our franchise on. Well, to be fair, we do have a few quality SP prospects in the system, but not much for position players.

Where do we go from here? How far out are we from competitiveness? It's too early to tell how Chris Ilitch is going to be as a team owner, although he does love the game itself. I don't see him selling the team, but I also don't see him as involved as his free-spending father was. Avila is going to have to build something more in the mold of what the Rays do, or the A's, instead of the King George Yankee philosophy of buying titles. Thoughts? Any Tiger fans left here? This used to be one of the busiest team forums here. Time to rebuild!
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Originally posted by racosun View Post
    We all know that our beloved Tigers are in the middle of a long rebuild. Sure, before he left, DD told us that it wasn't a rebuilt, but a reboot. That was before he angered Mr. I and was exiled to the inhumane lands of the disastrous Bosox. Now Al Avila is stock-piling non-top prospect middle-infielders to base our franchise on. Well, to be fair, we do have a few quality SP prospects in the system, but not much for position players.

Where do we go from here? How far out are we from competitiveness? It's too early to tell how Chris Ilitch is going to be as a team owner, although he does love the game itself. I don't see him selling the team, but I also don't see him as involved as his free-spending father was. Avila is going to have to build something more in the mold of what the Rays do, or the A's, instead of the King George Yankee philosophy of buying titles. Thoughts? Any Tiger fans left here? This used to be one of the busiest team forums here. Time to rebuild!
    They have a long way to go. A few good assets in the majors and minors but the minor league system is still thin. Problem was that due to the age and salary of the roster they had few tradeable assets unlike the white sox for example. I think they are in a similar spot as the 2013 Phillies (also aging and expensive) now meaning it will take some time.

basically verlander (assuming they want to keep boyd and fulmer which they should for now) was the only tradeable asset and even he was 35 and super expensive albeit still great.

If you can't ship away a sale, Quintana and Eaton you need to build your system slowly through the draft, international signings and hopefully some smaller trades. What they can do is signing some relievers and other bounce back candidates and hope they do well so they can get traded. Won't yield a top prospect but at least some solid depth.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X