Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another free agent stinker is finished

Looks like Todd Percival is finished.
    Too bad, because he had heart and wanted to pitch.
    Unfortunately, he's joining a long line of free agent stickers the Tigers have signed over the past few year.
    Who is your favorite Tiger bum free agent signing?

My first thought was Chris Brown, but he was acquired in a trade. The Tigers were going for players like Rob Deer and Pete Incaviglia around then, or not long after.
    Tim Belcher didn't make such a nice impression in his short stay at the Corner.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Fernando Vina
      Masao Kida
      Chairman Emeritus of the r/baseballHOF

Comment

How about Nate (the bait) Colbert?
        After opening day, he was a bust.

Comment

I have to mention Dean Palmer, even though he gave us at least one good year. Too bad he had a five-year deal.
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Low Percentage

Other than Darrell Evens, Bill Gullickson, Cecil Fielder, and Pudge, has there been a good free agent signing?
            In the 1920's, Harry Heilmann led the AL with a .364 average. In addition, he averaged 220 hits, 45 doubles, 12 triples, 16 homers, 110 runs, and 130 RBI.

Comment

Originally posted by HDH
              Other than Darrell Evens, Bill Gullickson, Cecil Fielder, and Pudge, has there been a good free agent signing?
              You forgot Tony Phillips, one of the most versatile players during the Sparky era and a fine lead-off hitter. If anyone was worth his salt it was he.

Dean Palmer had back-to-back 100 RBI seasons before injuries took their toll. I can't deem his 5-year signing to be a bust, but I still can't understand why we let Travis Fryman go.
              Last edited by moldyoldie; 03-05-2006, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Lloyd Moseby was a decent acquisition.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X