Inge trades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inge trades?

Brandon is making more noise.....and I heard the Dodgers have an interest?

Brandon and J. Jones or Thames for Juan Pierre (Inge and Pierre are both salary dumps)? If they threw in Jonathon Broxton......I might add a Virgil Vasquez?
    Last edited by tigers527; 03-03-2008, 07:54 PM.

Originally posted by tigers527 View Post
    Brandon is making more noise.....and I heard the Dodgers have an interest?

Brandon and J. Jones or Thames for Juan Pierre (Inge and Pierre are both salary dumps)? If they threw in Jonathon Broxton......I might add a Virgil Vasquez?
    I was thinking maybe Inge for Scott Proctor. Not very exciting, but we would get another reliever without losing any more prospects. I doubt they would trade Broxton, and I don't blame them. Juan Pierre would be interesting to bring in. He doesn't strike out a lot, and he adds speed. I don't think that Detroit would want his contract though, I believe he makes around $7.5MIL per year.
    Last edited by slugger33; 03-09-2008, 11:34 AM.

Comment

The only problem with bringing in Pierre is that you would have the same situation as Inge...a player who wants to play everyday being used as a sub. Plus Pierre has a limited no trade clause in his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Guinnypint View Post
        The only problem with bringing in Pierre is that you would have the same situation as Inge...a player who wants to play everyday being used as a sub. Plus Pierre has a limited no trade clause in his contract.
        My initial suggestion was Inge and Jacques Jones or Thames for Pierre. Both Inge (6+million/year) and Pierre (7+million/year) are salary dumps. And you would have an everyday OF of LF Pierre, CF Granderson, and RF Ordonez. That OF would almost cover enough ground to bring Jose Lima back? Just kidding.

Depending on who the other guy in the trade is (Thames or Jones) you would spot start Jones in all three OF spots (not to often in RF...I hope), or spot start Thames in LF, moving the better hitter against lefties (.299 AVG vs lefties, career) Pierre into CF.

RF back up I guess would fall to Raburn or Clevlen? Probably Raburn cause of his IF back up potential?

Oh and welcome to baseball fever Guinnypint

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X