Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of season do you expect from Magglio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of season do you expect from Magglio?

predict what you expect his stats to look like

If healthly all year...

.318/.378/.530

25 HR's, 122 RBI, 40 doubles

Comment

not even a .400 OBP??

Comment

Originally posted by blackout805 View Post
        not even a .400 OBP??
        Before 2007, Ordonez's best OBP in a season was .382.

Comment

Originally posted by slugger33 View Post
          he's going to have Miggy either above or below him in the same lineup from last year

Comment

I'm expecting another MVP type season

Maybe not as good as last year's "career year", but with Cabrera and a healthy Sheffield hitting behind him, who knows?

93 Runs, 191 hits, 41 2B, 26 HR, 119 Rbi, .331/.380/.575

While those numbers probably won't be enough for an MVP award, they'll certainly be enough for another All Star appearance, and another step closer to the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout805 View Post
              he's going to have Miggy either above or below him in the same lineup from last year
              Exactly. Do you think teams are going to intentionally walk Maggs a lot?

Comment

they will be walking him more because his pitch selection will go down

Comment

It took Maggs an extended time to get fully healthy. Be wary of his Detroit 2006 stats - his late season 2005 stats. He never trusted that damaged knee until 2007.

Also look at how he learned to hit within Comerica Park in 2007. His swing remains a masterpiece.

Lastly, with Miggy and Sheff surrounding Maggs, Ordonez will see better pitches.
                  Last edited by Damus/777; 03-15-2008, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Damus/777 View Post
                    It took Maggs an extended time to get fully healthy. Be wary of his Detroit 2006 stats - his late season 2005 stats. He never trusted that damaged knee until 2007.

Also look at how he learned to hit within Comerica Park in 2007. His swing remains a masterpiece.

Lastly, with Miggy and Sheff surrounding Maggs, Ordonez will see better pitches.
                    I don't deny any of that. And it is certainly obtainable for Ordonez to climb over .400 OBP again this year. These are just predictions.

The reason I chose to predict him with less then a .400 OBP though, is when you look at the entire career of Ordonez, you see him consistently around a .380 OBP, when healthy, and about a .315 BABIP. Last year, a career year, he posted a .380 BABIP, which direclty related to his OBP. He also walked a few more times last year due to teams pitching around him.

I think this year he comes back down a bit, maybe a better season than most considering the lineup, but that's the reasoning behind my predict.

Comment

.421 BA, 59 HR and 184 RBI....that would make Maggs the single season leader in Tigers history in all those stats....WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! GO MAGGS!!!

Comment

".421 BA, 59 HR and 184 RBI"

Such pessimistic predictions? Tsk tsk tsk.
                        "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                        -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

I think that's pretty close dc

Comment

Originally posted by deadcenter~440 View Post
                            If healthly all year...

.318/.378/.530

25 HR's, 122 RBI, 40 doubles
                            I don't like to gloat, but I'll take this one.........

He sat out 14 games due to a strained oblique, and his power was down, but the BA and OBP were almost spot on.

Now, where's my cookie?

Comment

Originally posted by deadcenter~440 View Post
                              I don't like to gloat, but I'll take this one.........

He sat out 14 games due to a strained oblique, and his power was down, but the BA and OBP were almost spot on.

Now, where's my cookie?
                              Being baked right now in a hollow tree somewhere. I'll send the truck when it's ready.
                              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X