X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richie hebner
    replied
    Timo Perez's Status

I still haven't figured this one out. From what I see Timo can field adequately and seems to have a good stick. If it comes to be then let Thames be traded. He doesn't show me anything at first base except for a day or two if Carlos needs a breather. We all learned a lesson when Casey was here of how much of a difference a great fielding first basemen makes for a team.

So lets forget about Thames as any kind of defensive insurance.

GO Tigers !!!

Leave a comment:

• tigers527
    replied
    Originally posted by slugger33 View Post
    It's good that there is a lot of options. I really like Guzman, he hits switch and can steal a ton of bases. If Thames is traded, then like you said, there really is no back up 1st baseman except Hessman. I think it would help the team in the long run if they moved Guillen to 3rd and Cabrera to 1st.
    hmmmm....I would not trust Guillen's arm at 3B as far as I can throw it. Considering that the rest of Carlos is attached to his arm, I dont think I could throw it very far. It really was his throwing errors and the wear that made them move Carlos to 1B. I would take my chances with Cabrera @ 3B.

If one or both of these guys (Thames and Inge) do get moved and Timo does not make the team I would feel bad for him. I mean what more does a guy got to do than what he did last season to at least get at least a 4th OFer shot this year?

***edit: Timo Perez numbers from 2007 projected out for 500AB's: 67-R, 194-H, 50-2B, 10-3B , 0-HR, 72-RBI, 33-W, 33-K, 6-SB. (I know, I know, you cant project triples that way.....,and I doubt he would maintain a .389AVG clip for a whole season, but still)
    Last edited by tigers527; 03-21-2008, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slugger33
    replied
    Originally posted by tigers527 View Post
    My guess would be
    Ryan Raburn (all 3 OF positions and wont kill you at 2B, could fill in at 3B in pinch)
    Ramon Santiago (both middle IF positions and pinch runs)
    Dane Sardinha (back up C)
    and idk Timo Perez or Freddy Guzman (I would lean toward Timo experience at all 3 OF positions, but Freddy caould pinch run)

No solid back up 1st base in that group though? Maybe Hessman over Timo/Guzman? But then the OF becomes pretty shallow, with Raburn the only option?

It just pisses me off that Brandon Inge has to act the way he has toward being a back up C. I mean it hurts his offense?? It would be one thing if he could hit a typical NFL tight ends body weight. Hitting the way he does I would not mind a 15 point drop off if it meant he'd catch and once in a while ran into a pitch.
    It's good that there is a lot of options. I really like Guzman, he hits switch and can steal a ton of bases. If Thames is traded, then like you said, there really is no back up 1st baseman except Hessman. I think it would help the team in the long run if they moved Guillen to 3rd and Cabrera to 1st.
    Last edited by slugger33; 03-21-2008, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tigers527
    replied
    My guess would be
    Ryan Raburn (all 3 OF positions and wont kill you at 2B, could fill in at 3B in pinch)
    Ramon Santiago (both middle IF positions and pinch runs)
    Dane Sardinha (back up C)
    and idk Timo Perez or Freddy Guzman (I would lean toward Timo experience at all 3 OF positions, but Freddy caould pinch run)

No solid back up 1st base in that group though? Maybe Hessman over Timo/Guzman? But then the OF becomes pretty shallow, with Raburn the only option?

It just pisses me off that Brandon Inge has to act the way he has toward being a back up C. I mean it hurts his offense?? It would be one thing if he could hit a typical NFL tight ends body weight. Hitting the way he does I would not mind a 15 point drop off if it meant he'd catch and once in a while ran into a pitch.
    Last edited by tigers527; 03-21-2008, 06:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slugger33
    started a topic If Inge and/or Thames is traded...

If Inge and/or Thames is traded...

What will the bench look like? Will Vance Wilson be ready opening day?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X