Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Please let's keep this discussion about baseball and Tiger Stadium. Like Donald, I am saddened and disgusted with a lot of the things that have happened in the city I am still proud to call my home town, but this is not the place to discuss them. It seems everyone has their opinion about Detroit, good and bad, and I'd hate to see this turn into a heated debate that won't solve a dang thing because it's on a baseball board.

Leave a comment:

• moldyoldie
    replied
    Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957
    Are you going to be inside tiger stadium if that happened to it?
    No, but I'll gladly push the red button with as much trepidation as nostalgia calls for.

Look, Tiger Stadium isn't exactly an architectural and aesthetic marvel; i.e., it's not that nice to merely look at, unlike the Michigan Central station. It's a utilitarian edifice that no longer serves the purpose for which it was built. It's costly to maintain and it'll have absolutely no sentimental value once our generation passes.

Southwest Detroit; hell, all Detroit neighborhoods need jobs and retail. They don't need a constant reminder of past sports glories when the city was twice as large as it is today. Take pictures of it from every conceivable angle to save for posterity, just do something useful with the property before the entire city becomes a cemetery of "fabulous ruins".

Leave a comment:

• POLO GROUNDS 1957
    replied
    Tiger Stadium

Originally posted by moldyoldie
    I say nuke the aging useless hulk and build a few big boxes for the community. Tiger Stadium will always live in memory.
    Are you going to be inside tiger stadium if that happened to it?

Leave a comment:

• POLO GROUNDS 1957
    replied
    Tiger Stadium

I have not heard anything more on tiger stadium as of late. they still have security guards down there watching the stadium 24-7.i hope that the city of detroit has learned something during the superbowl week on tiger stadium and get smart and use it for something like high school baseball or football or let them put the minor league baseball team in there that they wanted to do 5 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• tycobbpark
    replied
    Tiger Stadium

Tigers Stadium is still there and because of buracracy and lack of money in the City of Detroit, they have no plans for it. There have been proposals for it, all of which have been refused. The latest news is that there is no new.

Leave a comment:

• moldyoldie
    replied
    I say nuke the aging useless hulk and build a few big boxes for the community. Tiger Stadium will always live in memory.

Leave a comment:

• racosun
    replied
    If we haven't chased him away already, maybe Donald could pop in here and give us an update on Tiger Stadium. He is, after all, part of the Tiger Stadium fan club and I'm sure he keeps tabs on any and all news regarding the aging beauty. As much as he despises CoPa, he does know alot about Tiger Stadium. Come back, Donald!!

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by Tigerfan1974
    BTW, what's going on at Michigan and Trumble?
    Is the grand old park still there?

I heard they moved the Cobb plaque to the corporate abomination.
    What is the stadium's destiny?

If she is ever demolished, please let me know. I want to get a brick or something!!
    Tiger Stadium is still very much there. It was used for several exclusive events during Super Bowl week, all of them under some sort of tent.
    If it does get torn down, the demand for souvenirs will be through the roof. I know Olympia stuff became super rare not too long after they tore that place down, and Olympia was not Tiger Stadium.

Leave a comment:

• Tigerfan1974
    started a topic The Corner!!

The Corner!!

BTW, what's going on at Michigan and Trumble?
    Is the grand old park still there?

I heard they moved the Cobb plaque to the corporate abomination.
    What is the stadium's destiny?

If she is ever demolished, please let me know. I want to get a brick or something!!

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X