X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring cuts

Sorta sorry that Hessman, didn't make the cut, and
    was sent back to the Mudhens..Not a bad hitter, streaky,
    good glove..and a team player, and non whiner...

Hope he decides to stay with the Tigers, & hope later in the season, He'll get the call back up...

speaking of cuts, did anyone notice that Maybin, didn't go north
    with the Marlins ? but Miller and Rabo, did ...

Originally posted by skeletor View Post
    Sorta sorry that Hessman, didn't make the cut, and
    was sent back to the Mudhens..Not a bad hitter, streaky,
    good glove..and a team player, and non whiner...

Hope he decides to stay with the Tigers, & hope later in the season, He'll get the call back up...

speaking of cuts, did anyone notice that Maybin, didn't go north
    with the Marlins ? but Miller and Rabo, did ...
    I like Hessman, but Clete Thomas will be more valubale at this point. He has speed, and also hits left handed. Leyland will be able to pich hit him and use him as a picnh runner. I didn't hear about Maybin, I thought he would be the starting center fielder.

Comment

Maybin could have ended up anywhere in the Marlins system out of spring training. Watching him last season, it was obvious he could use a great deal of seasoning in his outfield play; it seemed he was performing more on instinct and less on technique.

I like what I'm seeing so far out of Clete Thomas. One thing he needs to work on is learning to recognize an off-speed pitch -- he looked pretty foolish a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by moldyoldie View Post
        Maybin could have ended up anywhere in the Marlins system out of spring training. Watching him last season, it was obvious he could use a great deal of seasoning in his outfield play; it seemed he was performing more on instinct and less on technique.

I like what I'm seeing so far out of Clete Thomas. One thing he needs to work on is learning to recognize an off-speed pitch -- he looked pretty foolish a couple of times.
        But Thomas can hit the curve. The way he sat back on that breaking ball in game one impressed me for a kid who was making his major league debut.

Comment

Originally posted by Tank View Post
          But Thomas can hit the curve. The way he sat back on that breaking ball in game one impressed me for a kid who was making his major league debut.
          3 for 4 yesterday in the leadoff spot -- not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by moldyoldie View Post
            3 for 4 yesterday in the leadoff spot -- not bad.
            I'm wondering how long until other teams figure out how to pitch him. I can only hope he isn't Shelton Part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Tank View Post
              I'm wondering how long until other teams figure out how to pitch him. I can only hope he isn't Shelton Part 2.
              If Jacque Jones doesn't perk up at the plate, look for Thomas in leftfield when Granderson returns.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X