Looks like 0-6 now after tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like 0-6 now after tonight.

This is the way we start after a promising off-season acquisition? I'm kind of annoyed our pitching is awful, after we get big names and sign a third baseman to an 8-year contract extension? I'm annoyed, and there may be a coach that gets fired this week - and the first casualty may be Chuck Hernandez, the Tigers' pitching coach.

The Tigers are losing 9-1 tonight after six innings. They're in line for their worst start in a while, and it looks like an 0-6 start to the season. Cabrera's hit into two consecutive double plays tonight, the bullpen doesn't look much better.

All the more galling because the Royals lead the division, too.

I Feel Bad For You Guys.

Comment

I've kept a stiff upper lip until now...

Ladies and Gentlemen it's time to hit the panic button.

:choke:

Comment

Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
        This is the way we start after a promising off-season acquisition? I'm kind of annoyed our pitching is awful, after we get big names and sign a third baseman to an 8-year contract extension? I'm annoyed, and there may be a coach that gets fired this week - and the first casualty may be Chuck Hernandez, the Tigers' pitching coach.

The Tigers are losing 9-1 tonight after six innings. They're in line for their worst start in a while, and it looks like an 0-6 start to the season. Cabrera's hit into two consecutive double plays tonight, the bullpen doesn't look much better.
        The pitching before this game hasn't been that bad, except for Jason Grilli. It looks like the only reliable reliver right now is Bobby Seay. Maybe they can have a good road trip and get back to around .500. Maybe by then Rodney and Granderson will be back.

Comment

I don't think this is explainable. It's just one of those "things" that happen in baseball, and we've got to ride it out.
          "Hey Mr. McGraw! Can I pitch to-day?"

Comment

The offense is to blame. Detroit is averaging 2.5 runs per game. Any team that can't score is going to lose. It will turn around, they just need to be more patient at the plate and stop hacking away at the first pitch they see. Wear down the opposing pitching to allow for more opportunities late in the game.
            2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS

My baseball blog at thepitch.h-team.us. Back after a total redesign.

Comment

it's the first week of the season guys - relax! the boys will turn it around!

Comment

I'm still not ready to panic

Sure the starting pitching has sucked and our high priced hitters are ice cold, but Todd Jones has an ERA of 0.00. I'm sure things will turn around soon.

Comment

When will the Tigers turn it around? I am starting to feel sorry for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
                    When will the Tigers turn it around? I am starting to feel sorry for them.
                    when they get a reliever besides charlie brown
                    "I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can." - Babe Ruth

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X