Todd Jones to the DL already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Jones to the DL already

New (and former) Tigers closer Todd Jones has been placed on the DL because of a hamstring issue. This didn't take long at all. It is expected that Fernando Rodney will be closing games in his absence. With the instability at the closer spot, it may be a good opportunity for Joel Zumaya to come out of the gate strong and seize a set-up role, or even possibly get a chance to close a few games if Rodney should falter.
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

I Guess Fernando Rodney is now your closer ? ? ?

Comment

That's a blasted shame that he's hurt already! It seems like more times than not the Tigers have bad luck with injuries with the free agents they sign.

Such as Percival, Ordonez, and now Jones. Those are just a few examples.

Comment

I haven't said too many harsh words about Dave Dombrowski, but he does seem to go after the older players to fill off-season holes in the team. Magglio's injury was more of a freak occurance, and he should be able to put together a strong season at the plate. The knee is only getting stronger, and a sports hernia isn't all that hard to overcome (I've done it myself). Todd Jones is old, pure and simple, and I expect him to hit the DL more than once this season. I believe he was brought in to teach some of the younger guys in the 'pen how to pitch better during key situations. Although we overpaid for him, he'll be valueable in that aspect. Same goes for Kenny Rogers. We have alot of young starting pitchers, and Rogers is the perfect guy to help the pups take the next step.

But to make it more clear, this club is on the right track and it's all DD's fault. Signing experienced veterans was the only option he had considering how bare the minor-league shelves have been. We now have some of the best scouts in all of baseball, and our past couple of drafts have been excellent. Todd Jones and Kenny Rogers were brought in to shore up the holes we have until some of the younger guys are ready to replace them. We have better arms on the 25-man roster already, but the experience they bring with them will be key for the development of the future.
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X