Bronx Bombers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronx Bombers ?

I know this isn't going to continue at this crazy pace - so let's enjoy it now !

WOW. Really, not much else to say after 3 games. WOW. AMAZING start.

Chris Shelton = Babe Ruth ? WOW. He's on pace to slam 216 HRs !! lol.

Anyway, the team looks ... well WOW.

Here's to hoping they stay healthy, and play to their capabilities all season.

GOOOOOOOOOOO Tigers
    Originally posted by George & Al
    Baseball, Hot Dogs, Opening Day, the sound the bat makes when it hits the ball square, and a cold beverage while watching the greatest game

Dreaming

Originally posted by OldEnglishD
    I know this isn't going to continue at this crazy pace - so let's enjoy it now !

WOW. Really, not much else to say after 3 games. WOW. AMAZING start.

Anyway, the team looks ... well WOW.

Here's to hoping they stay healthy, and play to their capabilities all season.

GOOOOOOOOOOO Tigers
    You are dreaming by comparing this team to the bronx bombers
    LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

While they are no Bronx Bombers, it is not crazy to think they can keep up this offensive clip either. From top to bottom, there's not a weak spot in the lineup. Whether you're leading off with Granderson and Inge batting 9th or Inge leading off and Thames in the lineup, they're just scary. And Dmitri hasn't even warmed up yet.

It was nice to see Magglio get untracked and Monroe to get his 1st dinger. Jordan Tata pitched a nice 3 innings in relief.

I'm anxiously awaiting Justin Verlander's start on Saturday. I may be getting ahead of myself, but I can see Robertson being dealt to make room in the rotation for Zumaya at some point this year.

Comment

Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957
        You are dreaming by comparing this team to the bronx bombers
        You're a funny cat.

From my opening sentence, it shoulda been clear that I wasn't. Bronx Bombers was just the Thread Title to attain interest, which - sucked you right in .

Originally posted by Tigersfan91
        While they are no Bronx Bombers, it is not crazy to think they can keep up this offensive clip either. From top to bottom, there's not a weak spot in the lineup. Whether you're leading off with Granderson and Inge batting 9th or Inge leading off and Thames in the lineup, they're just scary. And Dmitri hasn't even warmed up yet.

It was nice to see Magglio get untracked and Monroe to get his 1st dinger. Jordan Tata pitched a nice 3 innings in relief.

I'm anxiously awaiting Justin Verlander's start on Saturday. I may be getting ahead of myself, but I can see Robertson being dealt to make room in the rotation for Zumaya at some point this year.
        I am on board with you. When I say can't keep up this pace - well - I just don't see 'em averaging 9 runs a game for 162. I do think they'll have one of the best offenses in baseball (provided, of course, they stay healthy).

And I am with you with Saturday too. I'm anxious as heck to see Verlander go !

Once again - with ya .. Zumaya could force himself into the rotation. I hope so, but realistically - both Zumaya and Verlander are young; it isn't likely they will both do it this year. I sure am hopeful though. I have dreams of JB, Verlander, and Zumaya dominating the AL for years to come !!
        Originally posted by George & Al
        Baseball, Hot Dogs, Opening Day, the sound the bat makes when it hits the ball square, and a cold beverage while watching the greatest game

Comment

On pace to hit 810 homers as a team...
          Yesterday's game was great. I called Craig Monroe's shot. After watching Shelton's homer and the way Dickey was lobbing them inside, I turned to my friends I was watching with in my dorm and right before the pitch, and I said he'd hit it about half way up in line with the Dallas Newspaper sign in the left field stands. I felt just like the Babe
          Chairman Emeritus of the r/baseballHOF

Comment

Originally posted by OldEnglishD
            LOL, He just hit another one. 5 in 4 games.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgerBlue81
              LOL, He just hit another one. 5 in 4 games.
              He only hit one today not keeping pace
              Chairman Emeritus of the r/baseballHOF

Comment

Originally posted by EricGotMunsoned
                I felt just like the Babe
                LOL!! I love that!

I agree about Verlander, he's supposed to be right there with Felix Hernandez in Seattle, and he could break out huge this year. I'm pretty eager to see that Bondy, Verlander, Zumaya rotation too, but you can't forget about the kid we called up to replace Jones: Jordan Tata. He's super young too, and those four guys could rotate Cy Young trophies and win pennants for years to come. It's amazing that Bonderman is the "vet" of that group.

There have been people trying to come up with a nickname for the foursome, and most have been centered on the fact that all of their first names start with J. Maybe the creative minds here at The Fever can churn out something that sticks.
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X