Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day Roll Call

Who's Goin ?

I'll be there ! 3 Rows back, upper deck, behind the catcher a little toward 1st. Going with my father and my son.
    Originally posted by George & Al
    Baseball, Hot Dogs, Opening Day, the sound the bat makes when it hits the ball square, and a cold beverage while watching the greatest game

I wish I could. I'll be watching the TV for sure.

That sounds like the best company a guy could have for a game. Have fun!
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

It's nice to make it a family affair.

Comment

I tried, but they were sold out, plus I didn't get the day off from work... oh well! I went to Opening Day at Comerica last year on a press pass and saw my Royals almost single-handedly destroyed by Dimitri Young!

Comment

Originally posted by GoRoyals
          I tried, but they were sold out, plus I didn't get the day off from work... oh well! I went to Opening Day at Comerica last year on a press pass and saw my Royals almost single-handedly destroyed by Dimitri Young!
          Was there too, and you could've left out "almost" in that comment
          Baseball, Hot Dogs, Opening Day, the sound the bat makes when it hits the ball square, and a cold beverage while watching the greatest game

Comment

Opening Day At Tiger Stadium

On opening day i will drive down to tiger stadium and checkout the ballpark then i will watch one of my old tiger games on VHS from tiger stadium.nothing like watching a game from tiger stadium and having a cold drink.i will not be down at the antiseptic toliet bowl.
            LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957
              On opening day i will drive down to tiger stadium and checkout the ballpark. Then i will watch one of my favorite tapes, "why people should hate things before they try them" - a VHS from the bitterness foundation. There is nothing like listening to other people talk about not moving on with the new times while having a cold drink. I will not be down in Detroit, where the rest of the locals are enjoying the baseball atmosphere and rooting on their favorite team - who by the way, are finally giving us something to cheer about !!
              Fixed that for ya

Comment

Originally posted by OldEnglishD
                Fixed that for ya
                I live in detroit so i have the right to say my opinon and what i posted in the thread i will be doing on monday watching a game on VHS from tiger stadium. and i will drive by the ballpark.i guess you think that you are funny by changing words in someones post.
                LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

I have to admit, it WAS funny. Nobody loves the old stadium more than I do, and I don't particularly care for the new place. BUT... There's nothing I can to do change it, and I LOVE Tigers baseball. So, I'm making lemonade out of these lemons.

Polo - You seem like an intelligent person and very passionate. All things that make a great baseball fan. I hope you someday realize what a jackass you are making out of yourself and find a way to find some joy in the things that are STILL good -- Baseball, Hot Dogs, Opening Day, the sound the bat makes when it hits the ball square, and a cold beverage while watching the greatest game.

Comment

Polo - You seem like a person.
                    Fixed that for ya.
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957
                      I live in detroit so i have the right to say my opinon and what i posted in the thread i will be doing on monday watching a game on VHS from tiger stadium. and i will drive by the ballpark.i guess you think that you are funny by changing words in someones post.
                      I am sorry if you found my post offensive - I really meant nothing but some fun by it. Truth is, I assume you find fun in peoples responses to your negative banter about my beloved Tigers and their new beautiful playing facility. I can't imagine you just wasting your time with that negativity if you didn't enjoy it. I was just goin' along with it - my bad.
                      I have to admit, it WAS funny. Nobody loves the old stadium more than I do, and I don't particularly care for the new place. BUT... There's nothing I can to do change it, and I LOVE Tigers baseball. So, I'm making lemonade out of these lemons.

Polo - You seem like an intelligent person and very passionate. All things that make a great baseball fan. I hope you someday realize what a jackass you are making out of yourself and find a way to find some joy in the things that are STILL good -- Baseball, Hot Dogs, Opening Day, the sound the bat makes when it hits the ball square, and a cold beverage while watching the greatest game.
                      Good stuff. For real though, Donald. I know you won't let this message sink in, but that's what it's all about. Having a home team to root for, feeling the atmosphere, tossin back some cold ones, befriending the stranger next to you, havin' a hot dog, watchin the pros throw 90+ mph, watchin their opponents hit it .... it really doesn't matter where you do it - in a sandbox, or at Buckingham Palace. It's all about baseball !

Originally posted by racosun
                      Fixed that for ya.
                      Great timing. Literally made me laugh out loud. Had some pop in my mouth, and nearly went on my computer screen. So, guess what I'm trying to say is ... lol !

Comment

Originally posted by OldEnglishD
                        Was there too, and you could've left out "almost" in that comment
                        My mistake! Even though my team lost, it was pretty cool seeing a player hit that many home runs in one game... too bad he was in the wrong uniform!

Comment

the point of the thread?

I thought this was roll call? I was there sounds like not too far from the orginal poster. Second row upper deck right behind home plate. Now go back to the like tiger stadium and dont like copa stuff. Sorry to interupt. BTW comerica park for its faults is not antiseptic. The place has tiger heads with glowing baseballs in their mouths for street lights. Garish maybe but not antispectic.

Comment

post deleted
                            "Someone asked me if I took steroids. I said, 'No. I had a contract with Wheaties.'"
                            --Bob Feller

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X