WDWB and Tigers reach agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDWB and Tigers reach agreement

I see that WDWB and the Tigers have reached an agreement for TV 20 to air 16 Tigers games. They will be produced by Fox Sports Net and will feature Mario Impemba and Rod Allen. The first game will be a simulcast of Opening Day on Monday.

16 games is pretty chintzy, but it's still 16 more than we had before. Hopefully this arrangement continues to blossem in upcoming seasons.

I agree, we need more TV coverage, especially with the rising talent level in the clubhouse. Even with a championship basketball team just outside of town, Detroit is beginning to stir from it's slumber and catch baseball fever again. It's quite beautiful. BUT WE NEED MORE!! The Tigers are either last or very close to last in the amount of televised games for this season, which really sucks for the true baseball fans who stuck with this team all these dismal years. We finally get a good team, and where are they? I sure as heck ain't shelling out nearly $200 to some satellite company to watch all the games. I'd rather take the family to Copa for that price.

Perhaps this deal is simply another financial trick to jack up demand of Tigers fever. Limit the # of games on TV, thereby forcing fans to come to the park to see them. Hopefully it doesn't last beyond this season. Any longer, and even Donald would have to get to the park to hate on his favorite team.
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

TV coverage

Originally posted by racosun
      Perhaps this deal is simply another financial trick to jack up demand of Tigers fever. Limit the # of games on TV, thereby forcing fans to come to the park to see them. Hopefully it doesn't last beyond this season. Any longer, and even Donald would have to get to the park to hate on his favorite team.
      That would seem to make sence, however why the lack of away games? If getting people to the ball park were the goal. Am I supposed to goto Arlington to see Verlander pitch? Would broadcasting the 81 road games be too much to ask for? The demand for the team would be higher if people could see them play. I just don't understand why taking something for the rights is not better then getting nothing? I know that a few stations put in offers 50 and 4 come to mind. Does this team mean to tell me it has the leverage to hold out for the best deal? When I am not going to be able to see any Cleveland games on TV this weekend. As I have the sunday mini season ticket plan. Even FSN wants to braodcast more games, they are bound by contract to only broadcast the ones they do. Hopefully, the Tigers will see that this is not football and you cant have local blackouts on nonsoldout games. Radio is ok if your working, but 1 game of the upcoming weekend series? THAT NUTS :grouchy

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X