C: Bill Freehan, Lance Parrish
    1B: Hank Greenberg, Miguel Cabrera
    2B: Charlie Gehringer, Lou Whitaker
    3B: Travis Fryman, George Kell
    SS: Alan Trammell, Dick McAuliffe
    LF: Bobby Veach
    CF: Ty Cobb
    RF: Al Kaline, Harry Heilmann, Sam Crawford
    SP: Hal Newhouser, Tommy Bridges, Justin Verlander, Mickey Lolich, Dizzy Trout
    RP: John Hiller, Mike Henneman, Aurelio Lopez, Willie Hernandez, Terry Fox

How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Tigers players were together in their Tigers prime?

The way I see it is the starting rotation would be the best in baseball with a fantastic bullpen. The lineup would be by far the best in baseball. Excellent bench as well. All that said 120 wins should be possible.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post

How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Tigers players were together in their Tigers prime?

The way I see it is the starting rotation would be the best in baseball with a fantastic bullpen. The lineup would be by far the best in baseball. Excellent bench as well. All that said 120 wins should be possible.
    I don't trust this bullpen.

Henneman looks good on paper but was always shaky, Lopez was not consistent, Terry Fox had two great seasons and 3 good seasons, and Willie had two good seasons.

Not saying you missed anyone, just saying historically the Tigers have a weak bullpen.
    "Batting stats and pitching stats do not indicate the quality of play, merely which part of that struggle is dominant at the moment."

-Bill James

Comment

Originally posted by sturg1dj View Post
      I don't trust this bullpen.

Henneman looks good on paper but was always shaky, Lopez was not consistent, Terry Fox had two great seasons and 3 good seasons, and Willie had two good seasons.

Not saying you missed anyone, just saying historically the Tigers have a weak bullpen.
      I agree that the bullpen isn't as good many other all time franchise teams. But if the 2016 Tigers had those 5 pitchers in their pen it would have still been the best bullpen in baseball. Thing that shocked me is that there are no more current relievers.
      My dream ballpark dimensions
      LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
      RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
      Location....San Diego

Comment

Was reviewing the list, and Kaline, Crawford and Heilmann....wow! Maybe the single strongest position of any team for any position. I'd personally put either Sam or Harry first though. Currently I have them ranked back to back in my master rating. Al missed too many games per year.
        R.I.P. Farmio
        Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

It's hard to believe that Jack Morris doesn't fit on this team somewhere.
          ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post

I'll bump this with some changes -- I'm basing my choices on a player's single best season.

CATCHER: Freehan. Mickey Cochrane over Parrish at the second catcher spot.

Miguel Cabrera is the starting third baseman, bumping Fryman off the team. Kell the backup 3B/defensive sub.

Norm Cash becomes the first baseman with Cecil Fielder the backup. Greenberg alternates between 1B and LF.

Left field a three man rotation of Kirk Gibson,
            Magglio Ordonez and Greenberg.

Center field Cobb.

SS Trammell.

2B Gehringer and Whitaker.

Right field Kaline, Heilmann and Crawford.

SP Newhouser, Verlander, Lolich, Trout, Morris.

Middle relief: Hiller, Aurelio Lopez.
            Closer: Hernandez.

Expanding the roster to 30 for exhibition/ all-star play, i'd add:

Rudy York, 1B/C
            Max Scherzer, SP
            Denny McLain, SP
            Jose Valverde, RP
            McAuliffe, utility infield

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...