Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Game Tickets?

Hey Astros fans,

How can I obtain single game tickets through the Astros? I can't find a link on the official site for just single game tickets. Do I need to directly contact the box office or can I only get them through a third party source (StubHub, etc.)? Thanks for any help.

I recieved an e-mail today stating that Thursday they will begin selling them on the official web-site.
    Then again, e-bay is a good place to find out of town tickets. :atthepc

Comment

Thanks. I ordered my tickets for the 4/21 game against Pittsburgh. I always enjoy visiting other ballparks, especially the newer ones.

Would it be alright to where my Yankees cap to the game or would it be a fear-for-my-safety situation? I didn't risk it in Philadelphia last summer but I'm curious if Houston is different?

Comment

I think that you would be safe. Last year I went to an Astros game Vs Cubs (in Houston) and there seemed to be more Cubs fans that Astros. On that subject somewhat, I had the opportunity to attend one of the world series games and was quite dissapointed with how "laid back" the fans where. My thoughts told me that the die-hard Astros fans couldn't afford the tix and most of the fans in attendance were newcomers and that was probably their first ball game to ever attend. Yay, we're in the WS, don't know a thing about baseball but got a ticket. :grouchy
        At times I get very frustated with the lack of enthusiasm/heart or emotion that Houston fans demonstrate. Not speaking about everyone of course, but a good majority.

Comment

BTW, my wife and I were in NY last year and went to see a Yankee (V Detroit) game. Was our first trip ever to NY and we were very pleased and surprised at how friendly everyone was! I was expecting to get mugged, cussed at and talked down to - none of that happened

Comment

Originally posted by tadlock11
            BTW, my wife and I were in NY last year and went to see a Yankee (V Detroit) game. Was our first trip ever to NY and we were very pleased and surprised at how friendly everyone was! I was expecting to get mugged, cussed at and talked down to - none of that happened
            I'm glad to hear that. Yankee Stadium generally isn't hostile unless you're a Sox fan or a Mets fan. Home fans shouldn't mind enermy colors but it's the people making an ass of themselves that makes them an easy target for abuse. I try to be friendly to visiting fans who are respectful and realize that they're in an opponent's stadium. I was at one of the Pirates-Yankees game last season and there were a decent number of Pirates fans there. They all seemed respectful.I didn't see any incidents at all.

As long as you're respectful of the home fans and don't make an ass of yourself, you can usually have a safe experience just about anywhere. Boston is the only opposing park that I would fear for my safety just for wearing Yankee stuff. For as bad as the Bronx is for Sox fans, Boston is probably worse for Yanks fans.

Comment

Speaking of Pirates, back years ago there where quite a number of us in Pennsylvania (Washington) for the Pony League World Series. Just so happend that the Pirates were hosting the Astros on a free night so we went to the game. Didn't have any problems there with the home crowd either.

Comment

Originally posted by tadlock11
                Speaking of Pirates, back years ago there where quite a number of us in Pennsylvania (Washington) for the Pony League World Series. Just so happend that the Pirates were hosting the Astros on a free night so we went to the game. Didn't have any problems there with the home crowd either.
                Unless it's the Steelers, they really don't support their teams very well. The Buccos, Penguins and Pitt football all struggle to draw crowds unless a big draw opponent (Cubs, Rangers, Notre Dame, etc.) are in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Coal Cracker
                  Thanks. I ordered my tickets for the 4/21 game against Pittsburgh. I always enjoy visiting other ballparks, especially the newer ones.

Would it be alright to where my Yankees cap to the game or would it be a fear-for-my-safety situation? I didn't risk it in Philadelphia last summer but I'm curious if Houston is different?
                  I hope you really have a great time while you are in town. April is a nice time of year down here. Not too hot yet.

Yankee cap is fine, but why not "When in ROME" just while your are here.....

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                    I hope you really have a great time while you are in town. April is a nice time of year down here. Not too hot yet.

Yankee cap is fine, but why not "When in ROME" just while your are here.....
                    Probably will just wear my Penn State cap. Unless I'm at a game (Yankees, hockey Rangers, etc.), it's usually the only one I wear anyway.

I'm looking forward to it. Nine day trip consisting of Austin, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio.

Comment

all of those cities are good...enjoy minute maid park...where are you sitting
                      Houston Rockets
                      playoffs:1969,75,77,79,80,81,82,85,86,87,88,89,90, 91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,2004,05,07,08
                      West Champions:81,86,94,95
                      NBA Champions:94,95
                      Houston Astros
                      Playoffs: 1980,86,97,98,99,01,04,05
                      NL west champs: 80,86
                      NL central champs: 97,98,99,01
                      NL Wild Card: 04,05
                      NL Champions: 05
                      Houston Oilers: AFL champs 1960,61
                      Texas Longhorns class of 2012
                      Lufkin Panthers div 2 state champs 2001

Comment