Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonGant
    replied
    Astro fans would know better than myself.
    Who would the Braves have that would be positive trade potential for Oswalt? As of right now our rotation looks rough. Smoltz could move to the bullpen upon his return from the DL and Mike Hampton's return is well...unlikely.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Jeltz View Post
    Oswalt may be willing to waive the no trade if asked. The Houston Chronicle is reporting that if the Astros ask him, he would maybe accept a trade to only 3 teams: St. Louis, Atlanta and Boston.
    I would be glad to give up half of our current roster (together) for Oswalt. It won't happen, but I can always dream!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Jeltz
    replied
    Oswalt may be willing to waive the no trade if asked. The Houston Chronicle is reporting that if the Astros ask him, he would maybe accept a trade to only 3 teams: St. Louis, Atlanta and Boston.

Leave a comment:

• KillerBee7
    replied
    Simple answer: NO.

Leave a comment:

• Crawdaddy
    replied
    Back in Aug. 2006, Oswalt signed a 5 yr/$73 million contract extension w/a complete no-trade clause.

2007 = $13 m
    2008 = $13 m
    2009 = $14 m
    2010 = $15 m
    2011 = $16 m
    2012 = $16 m (club option w/ $2 million buyout)

Oswalt will turn 34 when his contract runs out and he's stated that he doesn't see himself pitching after that.....we'll see. But if he could be traded, the front office better get the same type of quality players in return. Not prospects, but all-star caliber players.

I think he'll be an Astro for life.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Jeltz
    started a topic Could Oswalt become available?

Could Oswalt become available?

I have not heard any rumors, this is just a general question that I have. If the Astros are out of contention by the trading deadline, who would the Astros put on the trading block? I figure Lee, but could Oswalt become trade bait as well? I don't know what his contract or health is, but, if the Astros decide to go into rebuilding mode, Oswalt's value may never be higher.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X