A Simple Question for Royals Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Simple Question for Royals Fans

I would like only fans of the Royals to respond to this question.

Our offense is absolutely dreadful. Our team OPS is the worst in the American League. We have the worst run production, tied for the fewest HR's, the fewest extra base hits, dreadful base running, and a complete inability to hit with two outs or after the 3rd inning. In other words, we are a mess offensively and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

So the question becomes should we swallow our pride and sign Barry Lamar as our DH (Butler goes to 1B)? Sure it would be hypocritical, but that is the essence of being a baseball fan. Baseball fans would root for Hitler if he played for the local 9 and could hit in the clutch.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Why not Frank Thomas? Thomas would be a better option, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Jeltz View Post
      Why not Frank Thomas? Thomas would be a better option, IMHO.
      Thomas has signed with the A's. Nor is he better than BL. He is righthanded, can't play at all defensively (Barry can certainly play LF occasionally and do no worse than Emil Brown), and can't hit with Barry. Barry lowest OPS in the last 16 years is .999. 2008 will mark Frank's 11th consecutive season without reaching that mark.

Comment

Interesting question. I agree with you about the offense...or lack thereof. I too wonder if Frank Thomas might be a better option if you wanna go that route anyway. Not so much because of any particular feelings against Barry--I know what you are saying about Hitler--but with Thomas, at least he's been playing regularly. Last year he started slow, but finished strong and granted this year he was slumping...but I also think he might be a little motivated to prove something at this point. Not so sure Barry feels he has anything to prove...on the field anyway....

Comment

Was typing my reply when you replied about Frank Thomas. I had not yet heard he signed with Oakland. huh. Considering who else is out there, Barry is about it, however, I wonder about the time off with him. Plus with all the distractions he has had, do you really think he could come in and start banging the ball around and hit those nice numbers he hit in the past? He is another year older too.

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
            Thomas has signed with the A's. Nor is he better than BL. He is righthanded, can't play at all defensively (Barry can certainly play LF occasionally and do no worse than Emil Brown), and can't hit with Barry. Barry lowest OPS in the last 16 years is .999. 2008 will mark Frank's 11th consecutive season without reaching that mark.
            Didn't know the A's signed Thomas today. Well, Barry carries plenty of baggage, even without the steroid accusations hovering around him. If he wasn't a problem or disruption in the clubhouse, a big question mark, then KC should take a risk on him if he can still play. But the PR fallout wouldn't be good, but it would put the Royals in the news for the first time in years.

Comment

BL carries tons of baggage no doubt and the PR fallout would be butt-ugly.

Comment

The offense isn't that bad, 6 runs in the first of the double header last night.
                Second game was about pitching. See what happens with the Jays this weekend. It's still early in the season. I enjoy watching the games now that Fox is televising more games. :gt

Comment

Am definitely anxious to see what happens with Toronto.

They can score some runs at times, but the problem seems to be consistency. They have had some good pitching efforts, but the offense hasn't always been there to help them out. If Gordon, Butler and Teahen can build on what they've done so far with more regularity and DeJesus can get into a rythm, they should be able to work some things out. I am also still holding a little hope that Guillen will get some pop going. I just hope they can get the bats working a little better before the pitching staff becomes dispirited.

It is definitely early in the season, so there is still much to be hopeful about, but I'd like to see more consistency.

Comment

The offense is continuing to slide into infamy. Gordon and Butler are turning into a pair singles hitters. No real sign of power and a real clutch hit cannot be found.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X