Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KC to host All Star game in near future...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC to host All Star game in near future...

It has been announced the beautiful Kaufmann Stadium will host the All Star game sometime between 2010 and 2014, the first time since 1973 the city will host the festivities.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

This award is contingent upon the voters approving the upgrade to the stadium. Not much chance of that.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

yeah, the voters in Jackson county probably won't approve the stadiums upgrades. The good news, is that the Royals and the Chiefs could move to an area that will appreciate them and support them. I the case of the Royals, I think fans there are so sick of the losing ways, and the lackadasical ownership, they've just stopped caring. I would love to see the Royals and the Chiefs move over to Kansas, next to the Kansas Speedway. I think the voters there would go for that, and they could keep the whole Kansas city name, and those fans in Jackson Co. who care, would still be able to attend and support the teams.
      George Brett said it:

“If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing you grandmother with her teeth out.”

“Even today, if the Royals win six games all year, if they're going to go 6-156, I hope they beat the Yankees six times.”

“A woman will be elected President before Wade Boggs is called out on strikes. I guarantee that.”

“If I stay healthy, I have a chance to collect 3,000 hits and 1,000 errors.”

Comment

Originally posted by lautrec
        yeah, the voters in Jackson county probably won't approve the stadiums upgrades. The good news, is that the Royals and the Chiefs could move to an area that will appreciate them and support them. I the case of the Royals, I think fans there are so sick of the losing ways, and the lackadasical ownership, they've just stopped caring. I would love to see the Royals and the Chiefs move over to Kansas, next to the Kansas Speedway. I think the voters there would go for that, and they could keep the whole Kansas city name, and those fans in Jackson Co. who care, would still be able to attend and support the teams.
        I know this is a baseball forum and I, as a mod, shouldn't be asking this, but will the upgrades slated for Arrowhead be paid for with public money or are the Chiefs ownership paying the whole lot?
        RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

I believe this project is almost all public money. Maybe 10% owners' money.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I found this article today that states:

Imagine the Portland Royals. Or the Charlotte Royals. What about the Los Angeles Chiefs? Or Anaheim Chiefs?

Those are among the cities that have their eyes on Kansas City’s major-league teams if Jackson County voters do not approve an April 4 sales-tax measure that would help fund renovations at the Truman Sports Complex.

Without the improvements at Arrowhead and Kauffman stadiums, the county is expected to default on the leases in 2007, freeing the Royals and Chiefs to leave town.
            Source: http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/14188517.htm

What are the chances of either team moving? The article states that neither team have threatened a move, but can you see it happening?
            RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X