Salvador Perez appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvador Perez appreciation thread

As the season marches on, Salvador Perez's numbers validate more and more the worthiness of his All-Star selection. Though he has tapered off a little since a really hot start (he was hitting .307 through July 4 and is at .285 now), he has been extremely hot of late, hitting .311/.354/.578 with seven home runs and 23 RBI in just the past month. Perez has proven he can hit well throughout his brief career (his career BA is .298) and I think he'll be one of the team's bright spots for quite some time to come.

We'll see next year. Have any cards to trade? you collect the royals?

Comment

He was the catcher on my fantasy team last year and I'm going to make a play for him again this season.

Comment

Despite having a mediocre 2014, he made his second All-Star Game in a row last year. He's rebounded a bit this year, but his OBP is still very lacking (.297). With his power, he could be a more well-rounded, major threat if he'd get on base more often.

Comment

Through 272 PA's, Salvador Perez has hit 13 home runs and drawn just 5 walks.

If he continues at this pace, he will be the first player in major league history (in a qualifying season) to have twice as many HR as walks.
          My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
          2. Barry Bonds
          3. Ty Cobb
          4. Ted Williams
          5. Willie Mays
          6. Alex Rodriguez
          7. Hank Aaron
          8. Honus Wagner
          9. Lou Gehrig
          10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

I like Salvador. He is the type of player that may not put up great numbers but you would love him on your team.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X