C: Salvador Perez, Darrell Porter
    1B: Mike Sweeney, John Mayberry
    2B: Frank White, Jose Offerman
    3B: George Brett, Kevin Seitzer
    SS: Freddie Patek, Alcides Escobar
    LF: Alex Gordon, Hal McRae
    CF: Amos Otis, Willie Wilson
    RF: Carlos Beltran
    SP: Kevin Appier, Bret Saberhagen, Mark Gubicza, Zack Greinke, Dennis Leonard
    RP: Dan Quisenberry, Jeff Montgomery, Joakim Soria, Steve Farr, Greg Holland

How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Royals players were together in their Royals prime?

The way I see it is the starting rotation would be among the best in baseball with a fantastic bullpen. The lineup would be well above average. Excellent bench as well. All that said 105 wins should be possible.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

I like the Greg Holland pick, but not sure how you'd pick him over Wade Davis. Two year stretch where we was basically unhittable.

Overall think it's a great roster.
    Love my Royals even when they lose!
    Promotional Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
      C: Salvador Perez, Darrell Porter
      1B: Mike Sweeney, John Mayberry
      2B: Frank White, Jose Offerman
      3B: George Brett, Kevin Seitzer
      SS: Freddie Patek, Alcides Escobar
      LF: Alex Gordon, Hal McRae
      CF: Amos Otis, Willie Wilson
      RF: Carlos Beltran
      SP: Kevin Appier, Bret Saberhagen, Mark Gubicza, Zack Greinke, Dennis Leonard
      RP: Dan Quisenberry, Jeff Montgomery, Joakim Soria, Steve Farr, Greg Holland

How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Royals players were together in their Royals prime?

The way I see it is the starting rotation would be among the best in baseball with a fantastic bullpen. The lineup would be well above average. Excellent bench as well. All that said 105 wins should be possible.
      I don't think it coincidence that you have the entire starting lineup from 76-80 here.
      27 World Championships
      22 retired numbers
      Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?
      Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Comment

Of course they'd be the best team in baseball. But I think you can make an all time team for any franchise and say the same.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X