KC's Chance for .500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC's Chance for .500

Do you think KC has any chance to get .500? They are 11-5 under Buddy last time I checked.
    Yes
    16.00%
    No
    84.00%
    Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Unfortunately, it's looking less and less like they have a reasonable chance of obtaining this. They are presently at .349 (30-56).

Comment

KC @ .500 = Nil

I like the new manager so far, but they dug themselves into too big of a hole to get out of and break even by the end of the season. The AL Central is stronger, they can't beat up on a terrible Tigers team anymore...

Comment

Welcome aboard GoRoyals!

Good to see someone here to represent KC as that's been tough to come by lately. Feel free to post anywhere and represent KC throughout Baseball Fever. :atthepc
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it! I'm currently a Royals fan in exile, but being situated between two AL Central teams within a reasonable driving distance (Detroit and Cleveland) has softened the blow of not being able to see them lose in beautiful Kauffman Stadium!!

Comment

Terrible Tigers ?

nope, even the Tigers have improved a lot..but still about a year
            away from making a run at the top of the central..The Royals
            actually have a fairly decent young team..with some good young
            arms..and I like the direction that Bell is taking the club...but they
            dug themselves too deep a hole under Tony Pena, before he quit
            or was forced out..to make a run at .500...but on the whole, the
            whole central division from Chicago on down, to even the Tribe
            and Tigers, have improved...Myself, I want to see KC doing well,
            and return to their glory days, as small market teams like KC, is
            the backbone of MLB..

Comment

Terrible no more...

I wasn't saying that the Tigers are bad now, they're vastly better than the AL Central punching bags they were in 2003... sorry for the confusion!

Comment

Now they have no possible shot only if a miracle hit them.
                Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

This year? Nope.

Maybe in 2006.

Comment

what a waste of a poll

kc has no chance at a 500 record. Rotation sucks. Bright young prospect zack grienke.. he really shined bright last year. No one with even a chance at hitting 40 homers. No closer. The poll should be can they play 400 ball not 500

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X