Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with info on old Angels players

Hello,
    I would like to know if there are any Angels fans who might have some info on these players: I'm looking for any pictures, complete stats most major and minor, any articles, and if you watched any of these guys place or followed the team long enough tell me about how they played. you can reach me at the e-maill address below.

[email protected]

Bob Allietta (1975) Moose Stubing (1967)
    Dan Ardell (1961) Paul Swingle (1993)
    Chris Beasley (1991) Bobby Trevino (1968)
    Dusty Bergman (2004) Ken Turner (1967)
    Bob Botz (1962) Charlie Vinson (1966)
    Mike Bovee (1997) Don Wallace (1967)
    Brian Brady (1989) Dick Wantz (1965)
    TR Bryden (1986) Jackie Warner (1966)
    Ray Chadwick (1986) Greg Washburn (1969)
    Anthony Chavez (1997) Terry Wilshusen (1973)
    Bruce Christenson (1971)
    Stan Cliburn (1980)
    Pete Coachman (1990)
    Chris Coletta (1972)
    Terry Cox (1970)
    Mark Davis (1991)
    Frank DiMichele (1988)
    Steve Eddy (1979)
    Todd Fischer (1986)
    Vern Geishert (1969)
    Craig Gerber (1985)
    Larry Gonzales (1993)
    Steve Green (2001)
    Tom Gregorio (2003)
    Ryan Hancock (1996)
    Bill Harrelson (1968)
    Russell Heman (1961)
    Bret Hemphill (1999)
    Matt Hensley (2004)
    Jim Hibbs (1967)
    Chuck Hockenberry (1975)
    Gary Johnson (2003)
    Keith Johnson (2000)
    Gil Kubski (1980)
    Ramon Lopez (1966)
    Keith Luuloa (2000)
    Tony Mack (1985)
    Mike Overy (1976)
    Joe Pactwa (1975)
    Chris Prieto (2005)
    Jeff Richardson (1990)
    Jeff Schmidt (1996)
    Darryl Scott (1993)
    Harvey Shank (1970)
    Bob Sprout (1961)

Moose Stubing was an interim Angel manager when Cookie Rojas was fired. Incidentally, he is the only person to never get a hit as a player or get a win as a manager.
    SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
    "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Baseball Almanac

I'm sure you know that all stats are at the Baseball Almanac site. Here's Bobby Trevino for example: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/play...hp?p=trevibo01

Comment

Help with Angels

Thanks for the replies..

What I'm looking for are minor league stats, I have seen most of the sites like the one you stated, plus baseballcube, retrosheet. These site don't have total stats of the players back in the 60's and 70's. Guys like Dick Wantz, Wilshusen Ramon Lopez, I want their whole career stats not just the one season. Plus I'm looking for info on their careers, anything....

[email protected]

Comment

27 year old Bob 'Butterball" Botz only pitched one year in the majors for the 1962 L.A. Angels and wasn't too bad. He appeared in 35 games,with a 2-1 record,2 saves and a 3.43 ERA. His claim to fame was that he had been cut by the worst team in modern day history that spring. The first year New York Mets were 40-120 and probably had second thoughts about letting one of their spring training legends go!

Comment

Help with info on old Angels players

I can help with this. Don't know about any web sites, but Sporting News guides have minor league stats. Will send a separate email. Have been an Angels fan since the early days, so I recognize the names on your list and remember many of them.

Comment

Hi Haylo - Thanks for the message. Jimaxe had a great source of minor league stats.If you can find the guides or old copies of the Sporting News during those years,they always had a thorough minor league section.Try ebay.
              I remember a few more of the players you listed. 23 year old Vern Geishert pitched one year for the Angels,in 1969. He was 1-1 with a 4.65 ERA in 11 games. He started 3 and also had 1 save. He had good control,only walking 7 in 31 innings. It was his only year in the majors.
              25 year old Gil Kubski,a 6"3" 185 pound outfielder hit .254 in 63 at bats,with 3 doubles and 6 RBI's in 1980,his only major league season.

Another Angel Pitcher,Aubrey Gatewood had a strange career.He pitched for the 1963-65 Angels. In 1963,he made 3 starts,going 1-1 with a 1.50 ERA. In 1964,he pitched in 15 games,including 7 starts. He was 3-3 with a 2.24 ERA. In 1965,he pitched 92 innings in 46 games,including 3 starts and was 4-5 with a 3.42 ERA.He didn't appear in another major league game until 1970,when he pitched 2 innings in 3 games with the Atlanta Braves. That was the end of his major league career.I wonder if he had severe arm problems?

Comment

I believe I have some info in my files on Keith Luuloa. Major-leaguers from Hawaii are a pet topic of mine, and Keith is the only one ever from the island of Molokai. He plugged away for a while in the minors after his cup of coffee (6-for-18, .333 as I recall) but never made it back. I don't believe he has played since 2004, when he was with the Atlantic League's Bridgeport Bluefish. Here's a link that omits some info, including 2001, when I know he played with the New Orleans Zephyrs.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...h-Luuloa.shtml

But his career was recent enough that you should find plenty more on line.

Bobby Treviño was the older brother of former Met Alex.
                Last edited by VIBaseball; 11-03-2006, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Because of his unusual surname, I also remember Pete Coachman. Never saw him play (or Keith Luuloa), but I think I still have an old STATS Inc. scouting handbook that contained a writeup on Pete. I recall him as a DH-type.

Comment

Ryan Hancock

Ryan Hancock currently lives in the Slat Lake City, UTah area if you want to contact him for information on his minor league stats. He was also a star quarterback at BYU.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen such a long list of bums in my life.
                      No wonder they have such a long history of losing seasons.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X