Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jwbbslo
    replied
    Kenny Myers was one of the best baseball minds ever. He was an unbelievable judge of talent but an even better hitting instructor. He signed Willie Davis, who was primarily a track & field athlete from Central LA, & turned him into a premium switch hitting centerfielder with the Dodgers. He was very creative & innovative. He invented the 40"/40 oz.training bat, the flat bat, the pop up tee, the tennis bat, the crooked bat, the hitting net, & front toss soft toss to name a few of his most notable inventions. Like all great teachers he was able to simplify the game & was able to find the right drill or approach for each player.

JW

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Dick Wantz made the Angels out of spring training in 1965 and made his only appearance on April 13th. He pitched 1 Inning,allowed 3 hits,2 runs and struck out 2. He had severe headaches afterwards and was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. He died one month later at the age of 25.

Leave a comment:

• haylo
    started a topic Dick Wantz and Kenny Myers (scout)

Dick Wantz and Kenny Myers (scout)

Hello,
    Anybody have any info on these guys? I'm looking for more info on Wantz, I know he died, but I would like to hear more about him. Anything...as for Myers: he was a scout for the Angels and I think the Dodgers.

[email protected]

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X