Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which City would Arte Moreno Consider Moving the Angels for the 2017 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pure Dodger
    Hey Bluesteve, there seems to be a problem on google...
    71-91

Will the Dodger hire an ex-Angel to manage?

One word: McCourt!

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Dodger
      Hey Bluesteve, there seems to be a problem on google...

Haha idenity crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Jake83
        Haha idenity crisis
        Guys, wake up. I tried looking it up on google.
        It pulls out this:
        http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...dentity+crisis
        Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
          It pulls out this:
          You did? Dude, don't tell me you actually believed that that google result was for real.
          Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
            It pulls out this:

Please do not tell me you actually googled it

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesteve32
              I concur 100%.

There are those OC fans that have become, we let's just say quite "snooty."

I truly believe that the Angels will remain in Anaheim and the name will be back to what it belongs....Anaheim Angels! I am a native of Orange County and don't feel that I'm part of "Los Angeles" in any way. I don't say I'm from L.A. and I don't consider myself any way related to the city of Los Angeles.

Lastly.....we in Orange County are not "snooty".....and those of us who were born and raised, don't call it the O.C., just those transplants and media friendly people do.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelsfan4ever!
                I truly believe that the Angels will remain in Anaheim and the name will be back to what it belongs....Anaheim Angels! I am a native of Orange County and don't feel that I'm part of "Los Angeles" in any way. I don't say I'm from L.A. and I don't consider myself any way related to the city of Los Angeles.

Lastly.....we in Orange County are not "snooty".....and those of us who were born and raised, don't call it the O.C., just those transplants and media friendly people do.
                A-yeah! (apoligies to the old Jim Healy show) You guys are very snooty and just may will lose the ballclub because of this very issue. Is it worth it?

Now can you really discern where Los Angeles stops and Orange County begins?
                Attached Files

Comment

A-yeah! (apoligies to the old Jim Healy show) You guys are very snooty and just may will lose the ballclub because of this very issue. Is it worth it?

Now can you really discern where Los Angeles stops and Orange County begins?

Screw Orange County. I would rather live in my loft downtown and be in the real world when I walk outside then the plastic racist Orange County

Comment

:gt

I do know where LA ends and Orange County starts. It starts when and where I was born. I guess it's the loyalty to what you're born and raised with. Loyalty means a lot and where you're raised is what you know. Memories of watching the Angels with my father since I can remember.

It would be sad if the team moved away but I would still be a fan and support "the team". I don't agree with the owner and the name change but that's not the players....that's the owner. I will always support the team, regardless of what they're called.

Maybe the owner will change.....and the name will remain the same.

ps....racist? ( 2nd message posted )...ouch. How does that make sense? h

Comment

I do know where LA ends and Orange County starts. It starts when and where I was born. I guess it's the loyalty to what you're born and raised with. Loyalty means a lot and where you're raised is what you know. Memories of watching the Angels with my father since I can remember.

It would be sad if the team moved away but I would still be a fan and support "the team". I don't agree with the owner and the name change but that's not the players....that's the owner. I will always support the team, regardless of what they're called.

Orange County is a very racist place towards immigrants espically Latin America immigrants. Look at the laws just passed by Costa Mesa

Comment

Originally posted by Jake83
                        Orange County is a very racist place towards immigrants espically Latin America immigrants. Look at the laws just passed by Costa Mesa

h

I guess I'm not up on the law....which lawsuits are you referring to? Some would say Los Angeles is more racially divided.......especially against African Americans.....police brutality, riots, Rodney King, etc.

Comment

Yeah, loyalty may have something to do where you were born or raised. I think it is more the latter, since my youngest son was born in Detroit, but he likes the Angels, not the Tigers. Now can you really discern the county line on that satellite pic? (Other than the Puente Hills?)

When I was a kid I got an LA Angel hat with the halo. It was "cool" since it was two colors and with that halo on the top of the cap and that other cap seemed boring.

I supported the team, although I did not like the Anaheim moniker (seem very Disneyish to me), and most likely will not if they ever move away. But the Angels name belongs only in So Cal and no other place. PCL LA Angels 1903-1957, AL LA Angels 1961-65 and 2005- , Cal Angels 1965-1996, ANA 1997-2004. Too much history here with the name.
                          Last edited by Bluesteve32; 12-07-2005, 11:08 PM.

Comment

I'm not to hazard a guess in the poll, but I think if they leave Anaheim it is Orange County's last shot at an MLB team. They can join Brooklyn, who had to wait about 45 years after the Dodgers left to host a CLASS A team.

I will remain an Angel fan as long as they stay in the same region. If they go to another part of the state, or out of the state, they will have left me.

I'm still hoping for a settlement, but it's time for Anaheim to wake up and smell the coffee. Arte Moreno has 10 years to find a new home. I think the City of Anaheim is headed down a path of lose-lose. Hopefully they'll come to their senses.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaCajun
                              I'm not to hazard a guess in the poll, but I think if they leave Anaheim it is Orange County's last shot at an MLB team. They can join Brooklyn, who had to wait about 45 years after the Dodgers left to host a CLASS A team.

I will remain an Angel fan as long as they stay in the same region. If they go to another part of the state, or out of the state, they will have left me.

I'm still hoping for a settlement, but it's time for Anaheim to wake up and smell the coffee. Arte Moreno has 10 years to find a new home. I think the City of Anaheim is headed down a path of lose-lose. Hopefully they'll come to their senses.
                              You know they won't. Potato Chip King, Curt Pringle, is too arrogant to back down now, so Anaheim will lose this team and any chance to host an NFL team so Anaheim will only host the Duck, unless the NHL contracts that team since the more established Kings still play in So Cal. I hate arrogant politicains!

Comment

You know they won't. Potato Chip King, Curt Pringle, is too arrogant to back down now, so Anaheim will lose this team and any chance to host an NFL team so Anaheim will only host the Duck, unless the NHL contracts that team since the more established Kings still play in So Cal. I hate arrogant politicains!
                                I don't understand what Pringle hopes to get out of this. I can understand initial resistance to make him look like he tried to keep the team named after his city, but it's getting to the point where bitterness is going to set in and Curt is going to cost Anaheim MLB. The only thing a court case can do is pay lawyers. A settlement is the only option so the two sides might as well get busy.

I wonder if the Angels do leave if Pringle will be blamed, or not blamed because of his stance.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X