Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which City would Arte Moreno Consider Moving the Angels for the 2017 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OC, LA, San Bernardino, what difference does it make - It's just a large collection of strip malls and suburbs. I don't think there is any more racism in the OC than any other part of LA. It's not like it's 98% white folk living there trying to keep the immigrants out(see Maine). There are large portions of Orange County that have diverse populations - Garden Grove, Westminister, Anaheim, La Habra, Santa Ana. I think people watch too much TV OC and base their opinions on that.

As to the lawsuit - there is no winner. If Arte wins the stupid name stays, if he loses then he just pisses and moans and looks for a new home as soon as he can figure a way out. The contract is technically in the city's favor, but what's the point of being right at the cost of losing the team? I don't understand the point of Moreno - by adding LA to the name did he really gain a bunch of ad revenue?

Comment

Originally posted by stlcardsfan73
      OC, LA, San Bernardino, what difference does it make - It's just a large collection of strip malls and suburbs. I don't think there is any more racism in the OC than any other part of LA. It's not like it's 98% white folk living there trying to keep the immigrants out(see Maine). There are large portions of Orange County that have diverse populations - Garden Grove, Westminister, Anaheim, La Habra, Santa Ana. I think people watch too much TV OC and base their opinions on that.

As to the lawsuit - there is no winner. If Arte wins the stupid name stays, if he loses then he just pisses and moans and looks for a new home as soon as he can figure a way out. The contract is technically in the city's favor, but what's the point of being right at the cost of losing the team? I don't understand the point of Moreno - by adding LA to the name did he really gain a bunch of ad revenue?
      In the long run it's defininely more marketable with the L.A. moniker. Moreno's no fool. Who knows, maybe eventually he'll move the club out your way ...and call them the L.A. Angels of Fontana

Comment

LA Angels of Hemet

Angels belong out in the Inland Empire.

Comment

more importantly shouldnt we talking about the marlins move to omaha, portland, or las vegas
          HEY! Cleveland! two words JOHN ELWAY! put that in your pipe and smoke it Browns fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Last of the Indian fans
            more importantly shouldnt we talking about the marlins move to omaha, portland, or las vegas
            This was an issue before the Marlins' bid for the new stadium failed. My point is that baseball will expand/relocate to any city that would be attractive to Arte before 2017 and I am quite sure that he'll ramian in So Cal, but with a spanking brand new ballpark in the Southland. I think the Long Beach people realized their mistake from 1964 when they insisted to Gene Autry the club would be called the "Long Beach Angels" and would relent if they so chose to build a stadium in the city this time around.

I also hear the rumor when the Rams moved to Anaheim in 1980 that the Angels were considering a possible move to Irwindale in another location than the Raiders' proposed stadium on the banks of the San Gabriel River, across from the Miller Brewery on the Foothill Freeway. However, this location would be not as accessable to many OC residents but would be quite attractive to many IE and SGV residents.

I would like to see the Angels stay, but I don;t think that is going to happen regarless of the lawsuit anymore. Too many bridges have been burned and and another north OC city or Long Beach appear to be the most logical choice or at the apex of OC,LA, Riverside and SB Counties near Chino/Pomona.

Look at the photo, where would you put the team, without putting them in downtown LA?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bluesteve32; 12-27-2005, 10:59 AM.
            http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesteve32
              This was an issue beforew the Marlins' bid for the new stadium failed. My point is that baseball will expand/relocate to any city that would be attractive to Arte before 2017 and I am quite sure that he'll ramian in So Cal, but with a spanking brand new ballpark in the Southland. I think the Long Beach people realized their mistake from 1964 when they insisted to Gene Autry the club would be called the "Long Beach Angels" and would relent if they so chose to build a stadium in the city this time around.

I also hear the rumor when the Rams moved to Anaheim in 1980 that hte Angels were considering a possible move to Irwindale in another location than the Raiders' proposed stadium on the backs of the San Gabriel River, across from the Miller Brewery on the Foothill Freeway. However, this location would be not as accessable to many OC residents but would be quite attractive to many IE and SGV residents.

I would like to see the Angels stay, but I don;t think that is going to happen regarless of the lawsuit anymore. Too many bridges have been burned and and another north OC city or Long Beach appear to be the most logical choice or at the apex of OC,LA, Riverside and SB Counties near Chino/Pomona.

Look at the map, where would you put the team, without putting them in downtown LA?

Put them in the Imperial Valley El Centro sounds good

Comment

I do not see the Halos moving out the Orange County
                Angels 2002 World Champions 1979 1982 1986 2004 2005 AL West Champs

Southern California is covered in Red now

5 Straight Series Win:gt :gt

The saviors
                Jered Weaver 3-0 with a 1.86 ERA and a Sub 1 WHIP with 17K to 3Walk ratio
                Kendry Morales 279 AVG 3 HR'S 11 RBI
                Mike Napoli 323 AVG 4HR'S 11 RBI

Comment

Originally posted by Jake83
                  Put them in the Imperial Valley El Centro sounds good
                  They trained in Holtville during St for several season in the 1960 and 1970s.

Comment

Originally posted by Where is Chone Figgins
                    I do not see the Halos moving out the Orange County
                    Will Fullerton or Buena Park build a stadium? I see Long Beach being most likely. Perhaps Santa Ana, but nothing below There, then a commute would be a bit prohibitive for much of the market area.

Comment

The Los Angeles Angels name for a commitment to stay in Anaheim

Originally posted by Angelsfan4ever!
                      I truly believe that the Angels will remain in Anaheim and the name will be back to what it belongs....Anaheim Angels! I am a native of Orange County and don't feel that I'm part of "Los Angeles" in any way. I don't say I'm from L.A. and I don't consider myself any way related to the city of Los Angeles.

Lastly.....we in Orange County are not "snooty".....and those of us who were born and raised, don't call it the O.C., just those transplants and media friendly people do.
                      I grew up primarily in OC and saw the Angels struggle for the most part until the 2002 championship. The underlying reason to me was money (flip flopping between the farm system and free agency). Arte Moreno drew the same conclusion when he bought the club. To compete in the top tier he realizes that he has to spend revenues the club itself can't generate from ticket sales and broadcasting rights. He decides to subsidize the club until it becomes able to meet its own expenses. He launches an aggressive marketing campaign and decides he needs to reach out to the entire L.A. market rather than just Orange County. He decides he needs a more recognizable brand name (Los Angeles Angels) in order to achieve his marketing objectives and therefore command more revenue. Having seen the team opearate for 40 years, I have concluded that Moreno is right.

Since I spent my formative years in OC (including Anaheim) I would like to see the team remain in Anaheim. It would be easier on the owner to stay where he is. But if the City of Anaheim proves inflexible in its handling of the Angels I think the owner will eventually leave.

Therefore I think the city has to concede the name in return for assurances that the team stays put. There are things that have to be worked out:
                      • Keeping the ball park up to MLB standards
                      • An arrangement that makes money for both the owner and the city
                      • Keeping the prices of an evening at the park below the MLB average
                      • Keeping payroll above the MLB average

We can do this, folks, as long as both sides bend, and achieve the consistent level of success that has always eluded this franchise.

Comment

No matter what Arte does the will remain second to the Dodgers in L.A.'s eyes
                        Sorry National league the DODGERS have return

Comment

Originally posted by Gagne#3 8

Quit living in the past Dogger

The saviors

Comment

Originally posted by Gagne#3 8
                            A few more seasons like last year, and that may not be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Where is Chone Figgins
                              Quit living in the past Dogger
                              Can't you show a little more class? This isn't MLB.com
                              SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                              "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by mojorisin71
                                Can't you show a little more class? This isn't MLB.com

Class? Is that something Dodger fans can understand

The saviors

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X