Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL--Will The Angels Move??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • POLL--Will The Angels Move??

    Will Arte Moreno eventually move The Angels out of Anaheim? Take the poll.
    Attached Files
    69
    Yes--Before 2016.
    18.84%
    13
    Yes--But not until 2016.
    10.14%
    7
    No Way!
    71.01%
    49
    Last edited by wbaxter1; 11-18-2006, 12:45 PM.
    Pecos Bill Baxter.

  • #2
    I don't think so.

    Last year I attended a Orioles @ Anaheim game. The stadium was said to be sold out (afternoon game) but was only half filled. So that means that a lot of season ticket holders didn't show up. IMO this means that they have a regular fan base.

    One would be crazy to leave that behind.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
      I don't think so.

      Last year I attended a Orioles @ Anaheim game. The stadium was said to be sold out (afternoon game) but was only half filled. So that means that a lot of season ticket holders didn't show up. IMO this means that they have a regular fan base.

      One would be crazy to leave that behind.
      Of course they have a fan base - they play in an area with 20 million people. And they will take their fan base with them when they move to Riverside or Torrance in 9 years. What Anaheim fans they'll lose they'll gain with new fans in their new "home". As Chick used to say, "no harm, no foul".

      Comment


      • #4
        ahaha, that's so random

        Comment


        • #5
          If no one wants to spend public money on an NFL Stadium in the LA-OC-Inland Empire regions, its a *certainty* that no one is going to spend money on a baseball stadium. If by chance someone (say Riverside if you like) did... I suspect the City of Anaheim would quickly move via area Representatives to try to apply Congressional pressure to MLB to stop a move. With no team, no point for a Stadium. MLB isnt going to risk possible review of & action on, their Anti-Trust exemption to move the Angels 30-40 miles away. Thats how I see it anyway. I live in West Anaheim, the Riverside city limits are exactly 27 miles from my house. Torrance-Carson is about 30 miles in the other direction.

          Comment


          • #6
            Why would the Angels even consider it ???? The stadium is just about perfect. The area is safe. They sell 98% of their tickets. The have sold over 3 million Angels hats over the past 3 years. Every year I vacation in Anaheim and I wonder where has all the Dodger Blue gone? And speaking of empty seats, I had no problem walking up to the box office and buying tickets to the Dodgers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mandrake View Post
              Why would the Angels even consider it ???? The stadium is just about perfect.
              Uh, because the Angels have said the stadium is getting old and will need to be replaced soon. Also, the Angels and Anaheim have been feuding for years now.

              Originally posted by mandrake View Post
              They sell 98% of their tickets.
              They play in a smaller ballpark with a poulation base of 20,000,000 people and play good baseball. They better dang well sell out 98%.

              Originally posted by mandrake View Post
              The have sold over 3 million Angels hats over the past 3 years.
              The Angels and Dodgers are both among the league-leaders in merchandise sales. The Dodgers have always been, while the Angels finally got smart and designed a buyer-friendly uniform and gear. Also, selling extremely cheap hats helps.

              Originally posted by mandrake View Post
              Every year I vacation in Anaheim and I wonder where has all the Dodger Blue gone?
              In Anaheim? Who cares? That's Angel country.

              Originally posted by mandrake View Post
              And speaking of empty seats, I had no problem walking up to the box office and buying tickets to the Dodgers.
              Whoseajiggawha? Gee, maybe that's because the Dodgers play in a 56,000 seat ballpark. Are you trying to claim the Dodgers, who outdrew the Angels as they always do, are having attendance problems? Yeah, perhaps 4,000,000 is pretty shabby and they should relocate. :disbelief:

              Comment


              • #8
                I think they will move to Portland, Oregon. Will they retain the name "Angels"? I can't say for sure.

                :twocents:

                Comment


                • #9
                  They could move back to Brooklyn to kind of make up for the dagger in the heart the Dodgers inflicted on those fans 50 years ago.
                  Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
                    They could move back to Brooklyn to kind of make up for the dagger in the heart the Dodgers inflicted on those fans 50 years ago.
                    But then they'd just be West Coast carpetbaggers, wouldn't they?
                    SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                    "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The Angles are not going anywhere soon. They have a great combination of weather, population base, parking, freeway access and low crime right where they are. Plus they are close to Disneyland.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mojorisin71 View Post
                        But then they'd just be West Coast carpetbaggers, wouldn't they?

                        Is that a suggestion for the new team name if they move to Riverside or Torrence?
                        :cap:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                          Last year I attended a Orioles @ Anaheim game. The stadium was said to be sold out (afternoon game) but was only half filled. So that means that a lot of season ticket holders didn't show up. IMO this means that they have a regular fan base.
                          It doesn't necessarily mean that.

                          The unused tickets might have been purchased by corporations, or even given away. They count a sellout if all tickets are assigned, not necessarily sold.

                          Not that the sellout isn't good news, because it is, but it doesn't necessarily say anything about season ticket holders specifically.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't see it happening.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have to say No.
                              Join Pigskin Fever Today and tell 'em packersfan reffered you when you register!

                              Please read the Baseball Fever Policy and Fourm FAQ before posting.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X