Official Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Name

Does anyone else feel that the team should officially return its name to the "Anaheim Angels"? Not only is Los Angeles an insult to the Angels franchise, it is geographically insane. Arte Moreno was raking in profits from one of the greatest fan bases in the league, and he decides he wasn't making enough, so he added LA to the name. Anyone else have a problem with this?
    1979, 1982, 1986, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009

Originally posted by seeingredagain
    Does anyone else feel that the team should officially return its name to the "Anaheim Angels"? Not only is Los Angeles an insult to the Angels franchise, it is geographically insane. Arte Moreno was raking in profits from one of the greatest fan bases in the league, and he decides he wasn't making enough, so he added LA to the name. Anyone else have a problem with this?
    I think insult is a bit far fetched, but that is only my opinion.

I am not sure if Orange county is a part of the greater Los Angeles area. If so, I think Moreno has a good point in changing the name to LA Angels ....
    But IMO the name Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is just plain stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
      I think insult is a bit far fetched, but that is only my opinion.

I am not sure if Orange county is a part of the greater Los Angeles area. If so, I think Moreno has a good point in changing the name to LA Angels ....
      But IMO the name Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is just plain stupid.
      Well, it's not an insult to you because you're not a resident of Anaheim. Rest assured, the majority of orange county Angels fans are insulted.

The "greater Los Angeles area" is a myth. Show me an O.C. resident who considers himself an Angelino, and I'll show you a flying pig.

Comment

I think it'd be nice if the Angels could revert to the official Anaheim moniker without all the pretense of the current full name. I mean, the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim." Not only is it pretentious, it's not even accurate.

I understand Ted Turner has been pondering the renaming of his team the to "Savannah Braves of Atlanta."
        Put it in the books.

Comment

stupid name

i think the new name is stupid. Arte is an idiot for making that move. the angels have had a history of good names like the california angels and the anaheim angels but los angeles angels is the worst they could have come up with.its almost like the angels had a meeting to see who could come up with the worst name. but the angels are still mty favorite team and im behind them 98%. the dodgers should change there name to the anaheim dodgers of los angeles.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwhite77
            i think the new name is stupid. Arte is an idiot for making that move. the angels have had a history of good names like the california angels and the anaheim angels but los angeles angels is the worst they could have come up with.its almost like the angels had a meeting to see who could come up with the worst name. but the angels are still mty favorite team and im behind them 98%. the dodgers should change there name to the anaheim dodgers of los angeles.

I grew up as a fan of both teams. By the 90s I was only a casual Angels fan but still supported them, but when they changed the name to ANAHEIM I stopped rooting altogether. It always felt like they were a SOUTHLAND team that happened to play their home games in Anaheim, and the name CALIFORNIA Angels perfectly captured their broad appeal. But after the name change it felt like they were strictly an ANAHEIM team, and that held no appeal for me to continue to support and root for them.

And this new name LA of Anaheim is absurd.

Just my take.

Comment

I think the Angels should go back to calling themselves The California Angels. The name which they have now sounds horrible.
              Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X