2007 Angels Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Angels Season Thread

Please discuss anything about the 2007 Angels season. Thx.

Stickying.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Nice sweep of the Rangers. Pure domination, although the offense kinda shut down after the first inning.

I think the Angels should lock Ervin Santana to a long-term deal. The guy successfully made the transition from AA-ball to the bigs and turned a lot of heads in 2005.
    SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
    "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

The Angels are looking strong through the first five...Oakland looks okay, the verdict is still out on Seattle, and Texas looks absolutely miserable. Can we call for another division title in 07?
      1979, 1982, 1986, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009

Comment

spring training was great... first week regular season was great... now we suck....

Vladdy out after hbp- Kendrick broken finger after hbp- Cabrera & Izturis only other regulars hitting.....

In the first week The Angels outscored their opponents 28-16
        On the road trip they were outscored by their opponents 44-16

the overall scoring of Angels 42, opponents 60 gives a Pythagorean winning percentage of .324. That's 52 wins over the 162 game schedule.

At 6 wins & 9 losses the actual winning percentage is .400, equivalent to 65 victories for the season.

Mr. Moreno is a very patient man...

Comment

You gotta feel for the Halos' staff. Jered Weaver makes one mistake against Oakland and that turned out to be the difference. John Lackey pitched great the next day and the Angels get shut out.

Stoneman's inability to make any moves will cost him his head in the future.

Comment

Good win tonight against the Mariners. If only we had hit like that this past road trip. I certainly can't complain about the pitching. Colon finally comes back tomorrow. I'm looking very much forward to it.

Comment

yeah, what a difference a day makes... back to tied for 1st with Oakland (each team 9-9)
              Column in Daily Bulletin yesterday noted how Vlad carries the offense like Kobe does for Lakers... I can't argue

I was glad to see Santana back on his game yesterday, & hear some comments (from Sciosia on the radio I think) about something other than his home-away splits... something about how he needs stop trying to develop too many new pitches and stick with the proven stuff.

What a rotation, imaging having to send Saunders back to minors- he'd be in the top half of the rotation on a lot of teams.

Comment

Santana is 21-5 career at the Big A and 9-13 on the road. I think he needs to pitch only in Anaheim.

Comment

Santana again proved his affinity for every ballpark not featuring a synthetic rock pile in center field by going six innings to surrender six runs, five of them earned, and tallying only two more K's than HR's surrendered....I swear the idea was to wear red today with the hope that the psychological effect of not seeing himself in a road jersey would equal a long-overdue Santana road victory, but alas, the gruesomeness in grey continues for the kid

Oh and if the idea is to quietly prep Scot Shields for a closer's role next year (since the Yanks are gonna throw Clemens-type green his way) then they really oughta re-think that prospect. He has closer-type stuff that makes a hitter's knees buckle, but he lacks the mental edge of Frankie
                  ***Me to fellow die-hard Ryan in our front row seats in section 339 after the Angels scored their tenth run on an eighth inning Tommy Murphy home run (10+ runs = free hot wings):

"What the hell are you doing, dude?"

--"I'm flapping my wings for hot wings!"

"Sit the f*** down and stop acting like a drunk 15-year-old, you ain't Christopher Lloyd and we ain't sitting in the outfield"

Comment

i'm from buffalo and i've been watching the angels for a long time. i think we can go all the way this year!
                    GO ANGELS!

Comment

Bring on the Dodgers!!! It's time to rough up Brad Penny. I'm ready to face the team, I'm never quite ready for their fans though....
                      ***Me to fellow die-hard Ryan in our front row seats in section 339 after the Angels scored their tenth run on an eighth inning Tommy Murphy home run (10+ runs = free hot wings):

"Sit the f*** down and stop acting like a drunk 15-year-old, you ain't Christopher Lloyd and we ain't sitting in the outfield"

Comment

Round 1 goes to Orange County

Looks like Round 2 will also go to the Halos (Hendrickson is pitching)

Comment

GREAT series against the crosstown blue bummers, they've still got red marks from the broom stick beating we gave 'em! Now let's jump all over the bombers while they're scuffling, I'm heading to the Big Apple to catch the action live myself!

Comment

Figgy is INCREDIBLE and what a comeback tonight! Anybody else feel like this team has the spirit of a certain '02 team of destiny? Even Hillenbrand got 3 hits tonight! As for G.A. I hate to say it, but it's time to trade the injury-magnet while we can still get something for him....The time has come for the young guns to take this team back to the top of the baseball mountain....

Comment

I do feel that certain air of destiny amidst this team. They're playing small ball, just like the '02 team, but have an advantage because of the incredible depth on this team.
                              1979, 1982, 1986, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X