Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it California, Anaheim, or Los Angeles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I am well aware of that. And I believe it's time to get rid of it. It's outdated and illogical. It results in a team name that makes no sense. I mean, what's the point? Everyone knows where Angel Stadium is, but I would guess that few care that Anaheim ponied up the dough to de-Rams-ify the place in the 90's.

If the lease cannot be changed, then they should be the Anaheim Angels again.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

So, in the end, there is only one team in Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles..
      Baseball. The official sport of god.

Comment

Originally posted by DownUnderDodger View Post
        To call them California Angels would, in my opinion, imply they represent the State of California which is obviously not the case, as fans of every other Californian team regardless of their origins, would probably agree.
        I don't particularly care about "representation". Angel Stadium is located in California, so therefore, California Angels is a logical name. Maybe not the most accurate, geographically speaking, but it still makes sense.

Team names should be as accurate, geographically, as possible. Where the team's home is, should predominate. Anaheim Angels is the most accurate, so therefore, that's what it should be. IMHO.

"Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" is a logical impossibility, since L.A. and Anaheim are not the same.
        It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

I identify with the California Angels.
          The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X