Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattingly
    replied
    Unstickying. Please feel free to continue discussing.

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    Living here in prime Yankee territory, I was amused that the Yankee media and fans were so glad to be avoiding the Angels since the Angels really seem to have the Yankees number since Torre came in '96. Now those same people are crying " I wish we had played the Angels".

If the Angels land a power hitter and that could mean ARod, then they will win it all in 2008. ( I confess that I picked them over the Mets this season. Thank God I don't bet !)

Leave a comment:

• maximum jack
    replied
    Originally posted by HDH View Post
    The Angels shouldn't be dissapointed with their team this season. Their ride broke down on the way to the dance. The difference was more due to lack of health on the Angels part. If the Angels could've played their style of game, no way the BoSox sweep.
    Sorry I'm late, but I totally concur with HDH above. The Angels should hold their head high. I mentioned in the BoSox thread that we were essentially lucky to be playing the Angels when they were at their most vulnerable. With a healthy Gary Matthews, Anderson and Vlady totally different story. Good luck in the offseason and see you next year.

Leave a comment:

• HDH
    replied
    The Angels shouldn't be dissapointed with their team this season. Their ride broke down on the way to the dance. The difference was more due to lack of health on the Angels part. If the Angels could've played their style of game, no way the BoSox sweep.

Leave a comment:

• SwissRedSoxFan
    replied
    I tip the hat to the Angels. Nice season. Playing small ball. This series our aces were better than yours. Plus we had the power hitters. That was the difference.

Leave a comment:

• HDH
    replied
    As much focus was put on the NL teams and the Yankees run, Boston, along with Cleveland, quietly won he most games in MLB. We already saw clutch performance by Josh beckett, now they have to deal with Daisuke and Schilling, noted clutch performers. This combined with the non-stop offense of te Red Sox may be daunting enough.

Normally, no problem for the Angeles; they are the best at exploiting poor defense and BoSox defense is over-rated. The problem is that the Angeles are banged up. The regular OF is injured and the relievers are all "tired"

I do want LAA to win the series but I think they will get swept. I very much hope I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    started a topic Angels 2007 Postseason Thread

Angels 2007 Postseason Thread

Please discuss how you feel that Anaheim will do in the 1st round against Boston, and what are their chances of advancing. If a 7-game series, would you rather face the Yanks or the Indians?

Anything else about the team's playoff games, please post them here.

Thx.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X