Alex Rodriguez or Miguel Cabrera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Rodriguez or Miguel Cabrera

It seems pretty obvious that the Halos are the front runners or one of them for the ARod Sweepstakes, but I've also been reading the the Angels could try to deal for Miguel Cabrera to avoid paying Alex his $350M contract.

Of the Two, which do Halo fans prefer?

Also, about the trade here's what I've read:
    The Angels, turning more aggressive under new general manager Tony Reagins, could offer third baseman Brandon Wood, catcher Jeff Mathis or Mike Napoli and a choice of premium young arms.

Would the Angels seriously consider trading Brandon Wood and Jeff Mathis alonger with an arm or two??
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Avoiding an onerous Arod contract is easy. Just Say "No". Don't offer him more than you can afford to have locked up in one player.

Cabrera is a stone cold stud, but he does have weight issues. If I thought he would keep his weight under control I wouldn't have any problem with trading for him. I'd give future value to get current value. And you are not going to Cabrera for a bunch of stiffs. You will have to pay.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
      Avoiding an onerous Arod contract is easy. Just Say "No". Don't offer him more than you can afford to have locked up in one player.

Cabrera is a stone cold stud, but he does have weight issues. If I thought he would keep his weight under control I wouldn't have any problem with trading for him. I'd give future value to get current value. And you are not going to Cabrera for a bunch of stiffs. You will have to pay.
      You can mention his weight problems in his contract. As long as he keeps his weight down a certain level, he can look forward to a attractive bonus.

Comment

Definitely Alex Rodriguez first, but Miguel Cabrera is a close second. You can't go wrong with either, but it will sting a bit to lose the likes of Kendrick and Co. though I think Figgins would fill in just fine at 2B in Kendrick's absence.
        Visit AngelsWin.com - The Internet Home for Angels Fans

Comment

Also Cabrera is terrible defensively and will probably get moved at some point.
          "It's good to be young and a Giant." - Larry Doyle

Comment

We need Cabrera bad. he would be a great fit.

Comment

Miguel would fit perfectly into the picture.
              Click here for My Sports game http://www.angelfire.com/games5/baseball5/

Comment

Cabrera and weight

Pictures in the Detrot News shows Cabrera down about 20-25 pounds, evidently he is getting ready for his free agent bid. The Tigers are trying hard to sign him to a multi-year contract. However, the Tigers will never part with those Arod type numbers. Looking forward to the series with Angels in 2008...should be exciting!!

GO TIGERS!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X