Teixeira Interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teixeira Interest?

Hi guys, I am a Braves poster that wanted to get some opinions from use Angels' fans.

Last year the Angels were one of the top suitors along with the Braves for Mark Teixeira, with Braves falling out of it in the East there is a chance the Braves may look to unload Teixeira in an effort to get something more then draft picks. My questions to you guys are if Teixeira was on the market do you think the Angels would have interest? And if so what do you think would be a fair package for him?

I only ask because I think the Braves will look at trading him and the Angels are one of the few teams that I could see having interest.
    Extend Prado!!!

Where would he play? 1B is Casey Kotchman, 3B is Chone Figgins, and OF is overstocked. DH? Oh yeah, Angels are pretty well stocked on that with the overflow from the OF! I doubt it!
    SeasonTicketPartner.com ..... Connect with Season Ticket Partners!

Comment

The Angels are pretty stacked offensively. I don't think Offense is what they're looking for. Maybe bullpen help? Starter? Their team overall is pretty fine to me.
      Texas Ranger Baseball 2008.. :applaud:

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSportsFan View Post
        Where would he play? 1B is Casey Kotchman, 3B is Chone Figgins, and OF is overstocked. DH? Oh yeah, Angels are pretty well stocked on that with the overflow from the OF! I doubt it!
        I don't think Casey Kotchman is ever going to be a reason there is no where to put Mark Teixeira.
        Originally posted by Domenic
        The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
          I don't think Casey Kotchman is ever going to be a reason there is no where to put Mark Teixeira.
          Disagree. Kotchman is cut from the same cloth as Kevin Youkilis -- Kotchman draws a few less walks is about the only real difference. They're both good defenders who hit well, even if they neither of them hit for huge power as 1B's.

If nothing else, Kotchman is a quality 1B in his own right and bringing in a Teixeira over him runs into the problem of diminishing returns -- how much better is the team actually going to be when you have to take him out of the lineup to bring Teixeira in? Better, surely, but enough better to justify Teixeira's trade price? That's doubtful.
          Last edited by Imgran; 06-16-2008, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Rangers View Post
            The Angels are pretty stacked offensively. I don't think Offense is what they're looking for. Maybe bullpen help? Starter? Their team overall is pretty fine to me.
            They are 11th in runs scored in the AL!

Comment

Originally posted by Imgran View Post
              Disagree. Kotchman is cut from the same cloth as Kevin Youkilis -- Kotchman draws a few less walks is about the only real difference. They're both good defenders who hit well, even if they neither of them hit for huge power as 1B's.

If nothing else, Kotchman is a quality 1B in his own right and bringing in a Teixeira over him runs into the problem of diminishing returns -- how much better is the team actually going to be when you have to take him out of the lineup to bring Teixeira in? Better, surely, but enough better to justify Teixeira's trade price? That's doubtful.
              Kotchman is incredibly average. His career OPS+ is 102, which is below average for a first baseman. Youkilis is over 10 points that for his career and like 20 points above Kotchman's number this year.

Teixeira has a higher OPS this year, a much higher OPS for their careers, and they're equal defensively. Teixeira will probably end up with around a 135-140 OPS+ this year and yeah, that definitely worth it.
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Does it stay worth it when (not if, when) the price becomes 2-3 top prospects?

Comment

Does it stay worth it when (not if, when) the price becomes 2-3 top prospects?
                  Top prospects? Did Texas get the Braves top prospects for him? So it actually is "if"

Comment

Top prospects? Did Texas get the Braves top prospects for him? So it actually is "if"
                    I think the Braves will be asking for a lot more from LAA if they are going to part ways with Teixeira. Teixeira wasn't happy playing for the Rangers and the Rangers weren't looking for anything spectacular if you look at all the trade talk they had with several teams. I think Teixeira leaving Texas was more of his attitude and what he wanted rather then what the return was for him.

If you look at Texas, the GM, Jon Daniels, doesn't tolerate guys who don't want to play for this team and guys who have pissy attitudes. Sydney Ponson was just released recently and he was doing quite well for the team.

Comment

Was Saltalamachia one of Atlanta's top prospects?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Rangers View Post
                        Was Saltalamachia one of Atlanta's top prospects?
                        That's uno.

I wouldn't call Andrus or any of the others a top prospect.

Is Tex a free agent after this year? That will have a lot to do with what they can get for him.

Comment

The Angels desperately need offensive help. I don't think they will give a lot for a two-three month rental player though. Would you??
                          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
                            The Angels desperately need offensive help. I don't think they will give a lot for a two-three month rental player though. Would you??
                            What the Angels really need is a power-hitting 3B, not a 1B. Brandon Wood is headed straight for Bustville at this rate but if he can straighten out and fly right it'd be huge for Anaheim.

What is it with Anaheim and an inability to develop power hitters anyhow? First Dallas McPherson now Brandon Wood?

Comment

What the Angels really need is a power-hitting 3B, not a 1B. Brandon Wood is headed straight for Bustville at this rate but if he can straighten out and fly right it'd be huge for Anaheim.

What is it with Anaheim and an inability to develop power hitters anyhow? First Dallas McPherson now Brandon Wood?
                              They don't develop much period. They trade for everything.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X